Reef Discussion

Sam Parker

May 6, 2013
Geelong
slightly off topic, but funny how they have the single cam "VL" RB engines making around the same power as the twin cam Nissan versions these days.

LEG-IT

Feb 12, 2012
Bossley Park
Guys please stick to the original post rather than de-rail and fill this thread with spam, thanks.

ONLY KIDDING GUYS :p

An os giken block? haha maybe if i showered in money ! Any RB running a t51r i will approve of, that spool is just so sensual !

jayellul

Sep 6, 2013
Multiple times each day through Dosing Pump
Red Sea Calc and Strontium
Red Sea Alk
Red Sea Mg
Zeo Start 3
Zeo Sponge power
Zeo Food
Elos Trace Elements

Manual dosing
Zeobak once a week or so
Zeo bio mate about twice a month or when i notice a mulm build up

How are you dosing the zeo stuff with the dosing pump?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OSCAR85

Jan 8, 2013
St Kilda, Melbourne
For nitrate i WAS using red sea no3po4. 3 weeks ago i stopped rs no3po4 and changed to a kz zeovit product called zeostart3. My nitrate has stayed on 0.0 but all the corals look much better. spa and soft. Before i changed some soft corals were getting smaller. I even bought a fungi which pretty much died in 4 days but over the 4 weeks of using zeostart3 it has come back to life and is getting fat quick. Even my sps was starting to slow down in growth and getting thinner arms. The new branches on sps are now fuller more nobly and growing faster with better colour. I have also stated dosing coral vitililzer and zeoback for a wider spectrum of bacteria. In the next week i will hook up the zeolite reactor.

Last edited:

jayellul

Sep 6, 2013
How do you you mix the sponge power? I'm using broghtwells sponge excel which is pretty much the same. Have a spare channel or two on my doser I may well utilise! I'm running biopellets so not really sure why other supps would be beneficial...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NiCd

Lead Moderator
Jul 29, 2011
Sydney
I get the brown glass sterile bottles from the chemist, mix up RO water with whatever you require to make your dosage into 1ml ie there are 20 drops to a ml so in my 400 lt tank i want 1:4 so to make up 100mls i want 20mls sponge power to 80mls of RO to last me 100 doses.

If your tank was 100l you would do 5mls to 95mls.

I do the same with the elos trace elements and alike

jayellul

Sep 6, 2013
Ah i see. my tank is 120lt not including the sump which is probably around 30-40 liters.

So the sponge power doesnt separate from the RO water?

NiCd

Lead Moderator
Jul 29, 2011
Sydney
No seems fine, I havnt been game to try it with zeo bac as it is meant to be a living product.

I have a business that I use who has In house micro biologists and I have been trying to get enough brownie points for them to analyse bac and see if they can tell what's in it and what I could safely water it down with

Darkspartan

May 11, 2012
Canberra
Majestic aquariums is now offering a selection of both liquid and powder supplements (alk, cal and mg). Anyone seen them? Had a look at them the other day and wondering if they're good.