Reef Discussion

Chriso

May 23, 2012
Sutherland
Got the same answer when I emailed graham a while back..

Is there a reason im missing why tmpr isn't being used more? I've never used it but it gets a good rap

Aquadepot

Jul 18, 2011
Perth
We have a huge shipment of Tunze excel salt that is being delivered to us in the next couple of days if anyone is interested.

We will offer the KZ salt in the future.

Graeme

ryanr

Jun 2, 2012
Templestowe
I'm a fan of IO Reef Crystals.

I get it from thereefshop.com.au - only available in big buckets.

Mixes very well, good consistent results. I mix at 1pm and ready by 6pm (probably earlier, but that's my water change time)

Mg, Ca, Alk are above average for a reef salt.

Only thing I don't like is constantly buying buckets of the stuff. Would rather buy a plastic packet so to speak.

Chriso

May 23, 2012
Sutherland
I'm a fan of IO Reef Crystals.

I get it from thereefshop.com.au - only available in big buckets.

Mixes very well, good consistent results. I mix at 1pm and ready by 6pm (probably earlier, but that's my water change time)

Mg, Ca, Alk are above average for a reef salt.

Only thing I don't like is constantly buying buckets of the stuff. Would rather buy a plastic packet so to speak.
From what I understand, if your not using zeovit its one of the better more consistant salts:)

I've just bought a 300L bucket of Tropic Marin Pro Reef to try out with Zeovit, I've decided to get smaller buckets as its alot less salt to roll around to mix in its bucket before making it up.. hopefully this will get the parameters close to spot on to what its advertised as.

Uglyman

Mar 9, 2012
Pyalong
I have just started using the Tunze reef salt, purchased from AoA and have found it mixes up really well no residue and 0.00 Po4 (hanna). Mag was a little low at 1060ppm alk was 8.5, Cal was 360. I think Mag may have been low due to settling in the box as a few others have had better mag readings from there samples.

Anyway so far all my corals seem happy with the salt.

vman

Go you Mighty Roosters !!!!
Oct 8, 2011
sydney 2036
ive tried TM and IO and ultimate aqua care and all mixed cloudy even after a few days with salt eventually coming clear
on most but all left heaps of dissipitate and unmixed product,the only other salts ive used are DD and it was good.

im now using tunze salt and it mixes clear within half a day with no precipitation.

On a side note AOA is got to be right up there when it comes to customer service,Ben is a very fair person to deal with.

NiCd

Lead Moderator
Jul 29, 2011
Sydney
I am thinking the next bucket of salt im going to get is the tunze stuff, this company seems to never set a foot wrong

vman

Go you Mighty Roosters !!!!
Oct 8, 2011
sydney 2036
its cheaper at guppies (78.00 for 20 kg box) but Ben gave me 20 bucks cred on my next purchase so im a happy camper:)

NiCd

Lead Moderator
Jul 29, 2011
Sydney
its cheaper at guppies (78.00 for 20 kg box) but Ben gave me 20 bucks cred on my next purchase so im a happy camper:)
Is it packaged as a super dry powder or is it a bit wet and clumpy ?