Reef Discussion

Sam Parker

May 6, 2013
Geelong
I'll send you a PM with the details once I grab one for you (I don't actually have it, I'm collecting from another member!) I think price was $80?

leodb89

Mar 6, 2012
Sydney
tbh i will have to agree with @somethingfishy76 in terms of price.

however i would rather pay $80 for something truly unique being created by Reefugees over anything in the price range as its just unique.

again taking into consideration these guys are mass produced whereas the ones made through this thread weren't so say for instance we made 100-1000 im sure you'd then see that it is really a bargain unit as the cost of parts would significantly drop

that being said once you get to the 80-100 mark you would then want the sort of security backing of a warranty

DELETE.JPG

i too thought it was a little expensive. ok i mean you're getting a decent ATO on the cheap although the tunze nano osmo is only $159....double the price yes but then look at this bad boy

DELETE2.JPG

to be fair this is similar to the one being made and is cheaper...NOTE: this is an american price i couldnt find the australian one online but i have purchased one of these locally for $60 recently so is actually cheaper than the site i took the screenshot from

Buddy

Mar 13, 2012
Yep it cost us about $80 without the pump to put these together. Ill sell mine for $80, I havent even taken it out of the packet yet.

firechild

Nov 8, 2011
Cromer, Sydney
look at this bad boy

View attachment 18449

to be fair this is similar to the one being made and is cheaper...NOTE: this is an american price i couldnt find the australian one online but i have purchased one of these locally for $60 recently so is actually cheaper than the site i took the screenshot from
Keep in mind the above product has just a single float switch (quite a bulky one at that) and therefore has NO failsafes. The one that was built in this thread has 2 failsafes, 1 to stop overfilling the sump if the main switch fails and another to prevent the pump from burning out if the reservoir empties.