Reef Discussion

chimaera

enjoy the little things
May 13, 2012
Sandringham
And I have a complete system that I still haven't got around to re-soldering! Might put that on the to do list for this weekend as no ATO is starting to piss me off.

roamin

Nov 6, 2012
just found this thread as im looking to make my own ato. i like the tunze's but i dont like there $250 price tag, rediculous really when i have priced up a lot of the parts from ebay china and hong kong myself, pumps, switches, power supplies and so on and it will cost around $40 to make one yourself. granted there parts are probably better, but not $200 more and there also mass produced. tunze must swim in money i reckon!

threads been a bloody good read and given me some great ideas!

roamin

Nov 6, 2012
dealt with guppies once, never again.

just a heads up, if you need to get in contact with guppies, post a thread in masa's forum asking why you have not heard from him within 24 hours of emailing him. for some reason he seems to respond to that VERY quickly and deletes it than messages you. as clearly he doesnt want the public to read the bad stuff as well as the good. but if you just email them than good luck getting a response. i had to learn all this the hard way. also my waveline dc5000 from him did not come in a retail box, i asked why in his thread again he deleted that thread too even though it was a genuine question as to why my product did not come in a retail product and did not come with any label what so ever stating it was a waveline pump. needless to say. i wont go down that path again.

rockerpeller

Oct 14, 2011
Hastings, Vic
It hasn't missed a beat, and the only time it does is negligence on my part. I check the level in the top up container but i keep forgetting that damn cat likes to play with the hose and pulls it out...
Cats going to end up as fish food 1 day i swear...

chimaera

enjoy the little things
May 13, 2012
Sandringham
I still haven't set mine up yet!
I'm with you @Buddy, have two of them & still not set up lol :banghead
Me either! Well, not since I tried it and found I needed to resolder the points ... still haven't got around to buying a soldering iron and solder, or working out exactly what I need to do. To be honest I think I'll end up with a couple of Tunze Nanos instead.

DIY is awesome when someone else does it :D

chimaera

enjoy the little things
May 13, 2012
Sandringham
I have one hanging around somewhere - @Sam Parker I can bring it to the frag meet if you want? It needs resoldering though ... I tried getting it to work and it wouldn't, turns out some of the boards needed the soldering doing again. Seeing as I don't even own a solder iron nevermind trust myself to use one, I never got around to it.