Off-Topic

brendore

Oct 4, 2011
Port Macquarie, NSW, AUS
Really good thanks Matt. It's alot easier to use than I thought it was going to be, and the things you can do to photo's is ridiculous.. Shouldn't take me too long before I figure everything out on PaintShop, well at least the things I need to use anyway. Very happy with it so far :D.. And just for a plug... http://brendorook.tumblr.com/

brendore

Oct 4, 2011
Port Macquarie, NSW, AUS
Here's a few from over my holidays.. New Years Eve pics....
IMG_1463.JPG

As the sun sets on 2011

IMG_1465.JPG

Another angle

IMG_1473.JPG

NYE on Town Green

IMG_1479.JPG

I was messing around with exposure times, ISO's and apertures this night.. as well as out of focus shots... all these pics are taken in full manual mode

IMG_1490.JPG

This woulda looked cool with a longer exposure time

IMG_1492.JPG

SOme of the out-of-focus stuff I was experimenting with

IMG_1494.JPG

Canival. 8sec exposure, 400ISO

Others to come! Oh and none of these have been tampered with.. Straight outta the camera

brendore

Oct 4, 2011
Port Macquarie, NSW, AUS
Here's a few others...
IMG_1618edit.jpg

First day of the 28th Golden Lure game fishing comp. This Blue Marlin weighed in at 182.4kg just 100kg shy of the NSW record

JB Poster edit2.jpg

Promotional poster for my mate.. He's a ridiculous musician

brendore

Oct 4, 2011
Port Macquarie, NSW, AUS
Here's a few shots of last weekends Coasters Coastal Cruise Hot Rod & Classics show. As I have been really freakin busy and I'm finding time to shoot harder to come by.. Njoy

Shelby GT500 modern day replica
IMG_1731edit.jpg

IMG_1737edit.jpg

IMG_1746edit.jpg

IMG_1749edit.jpg

IMG_1773edit.jpg

Bread Sled. Looks like a piece of, but this thing has a 500HP Chevy big block nestled underneath it
IMG_1774edit.jpg

This is my entry to Camera Houses photo competition
IMG_1779edIit.2.jpg

IMG_1784edit.jpg

IMG_1795edit.jpg

IMG_1796edit.jpg

Should be everyone moto... I only drive CHEVY trucks
IMG_1800edit.jpg

This is my favourite pic of the entire show. This might be getting a running in the next Australian Hot Rodder magazine
IMG_1809edit.jpg

IMG_1822edit.jpg

IMG_1824edit.jpg

IMG_1832edit.jpg

IMG_1843edit.jpg

IMG_1869edit.jpg

V

'vspec'

Well im afraid you'll have to be happy with the valance, cause we're all out of bedliners sorry!

brendore

Oct 4, 2011
Port Macquarie, NSW, AUS
Rightio it's been a while since my last update and quiet alot has been happening around the place.. The main even was the Port Macquarie Festival of Bodyboarding. I've taken a tonne of pics of the event (1,000 plus in three hours in one day) and throw up a few here. Check my Facebook page Between The Lines Photography https://www.facebook.com/BetweenTheLinesPhotography. to see a few more that I haven't uploaded here. There's also a few ranoms thrown in too.

brendore

Oct 4, 2011
Port Macquarie, NSW, AUS
IMG_2010.JPG

Morning dew drop on a Cordyline

IMG_2109.JPG

My favourite place in the World

IMG_2126.JPG

Alot of these shots I had a play with I like the Timeline effect Corel has. It can really make images look classic

IMG_2196.JPG

IMG_2285.JPG

Nathan Branch

IMG_2359.JPG

I was also playing the cartoonising feature. You can make some really cool cartoonised images with it

IMG_2383.JPG

I've also got a facination with B&W images. I love the effects of timelessnes you can get with B&W images

IMG_2515.JPG

Winner of the even Jeff Hubbard 2010 World Champion

IMG_2563.JPG

IMG_2628.JPG

Mate and fellow picture takerer

IMG_2664.JPG

Mitchell Rawlins, Joe Clark and Jarrod Houston preparing for their heat

IMG_2696.JPG

Another mate of mine

IMG_2841.JPG

Jarrod Houston was looking strong for taking out the event with moves like this. He was knocked out in the semi finals

IMG_3047.JPG

Another type of image I've been messing with lately is sepia toning. Again love the timelessness you get

IMG_3077.JPG

Michael Novy was looking strong in his heat as well

IMG_3097.JPG

A few reasons why I bodyboard and call this place home

IMG_3105.JPG

IMG_3124.JPG

IMG_3152.JPG

Mark McCarthy with a monster invert in the dying stages of his heat. This particular edit doesn't show just how big this was

Would appreciate any comments or feed back, as I'm starting to really get into taking photos. I'd love to be able to make a little bit of cash on the side of working and I guess experience is the main factor in getting good at photography

Cheers B

Sidd

Jul 15, 2011
Morning dew one is great :)

Not a fan of the processing you have done to some of the water/surf shots. The water looks purple in some of them?
But I guess everyone has their own style and likes.

I like some of the moments you have captured there. Keep it up.

brendore

Oct 4, 2011
Port Macquarie, NSW, AUS
To be honest the water was actually pretty dirty as we just had a rain event so the river was in flood (which runs out next to this beach). And the shot of the wave where the water looks really purple is cartoonised which messes with colour scheme and I couldn't be bother fixing it. Thanks for your feed back Sidd. I really love your shots

V

'vspec'

From a total noob, they look sweet to me.
I'm kinda wondering why your not the one out in the water taking shots, i thought this was logical for you!
Surely there is bigger dollars being up close to the action. Admittedly travel, but hey, someone has to do it! :)

brendore

Oct 4, 2011
Port Macquarie, NSW, AUS
That would have been awesome however firstly and most importantly, I don't have a housing for my camera :(
Secondly the current and tides at this place make it near impossible to sit in good positions to get unreal shots. It is possible on some days, on this day it wasn't, unless I wanted a free trip to Fiji! :p

Sarg

Dec 11, 2011
Cheltenham
Looking good brendo. I the surf pics next to the rock wall? I had plans years ago to get a housing do up some business cards and drop them on the windscreens of the cars in the car park. All my mates wanted me to Try and take pics of them and thought it would be sweet.... Then came digital and everybody has a camera. It could still work on beaches where a housing would be the only way to get a decent pic.

I jumped on my lid last year after a LONG time and I could barely turn lol not that I was any good in the first place lol