Help / Suggestions

chimaera

enjoy the little things
May 13, 2012
Sandringham
Cannot access site
Not sure why but I can't access the site on either my work computer or my home computer. Same applies for other sites hosted on the same server. I thought everything was down until I checked on my phone.

Any ideas? Thought it might be work blocking but it is a network error and same at home.

macca_75

Apr 22, 2012
Is this site hosted locally or in US. Heaps of US based data centers have taken a hit with Sandy and failed over to backup sites.

chimaera

enjoy the little things
May 13, 2012
Sandringham
Definitely related to IP, had to turn the wifi connection off on my phone to get access. I will try rebooting but can't exactly do that at work.

Very frustrating

chimaera

enjoy the little things
May 13, 2012
Sandringham
Okay I rebooted and it is now working. But WTF? How many people have just given up on TheReefuge because the site is down. It's only because I visit daily that I was persistent enough to check I could ping the site, checked www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com (useful site), tried multiple browsers, clearing my cache, then finally tried on my phone that I knew it was up.

Serious issue that needs resolving asap, in my opinion.

MTG

Jul 10, 2011
Gold Coast
hey chim, that's a problem with your internet supplier, not the website, we often have the same issues where our clients cant talk to their servers over RDP or exchange over the web,

The Reefuge

Administrator
Jul 9, 2011
Hello everyone,

I have checked over the server and there are no Australian based IP's blocked. I have accessed the site through iinet and optus, both resolved the site without issue. For those experiencing issues, please restart your modem. This may help solve the problem. If you are still having problems, please contact your ISP as it will not only be The Reefuge you will be unable to access, but most other sites that are hosted on the backbone around the internet.

Thanks.

chimaera

enjoy the little things
May 13, 2012
Sandringham
I have accessed numerous sites over this last week (I spend 50% of my time online on average at home and work) and the only ones I could not access are hosted on your server - I tried these, all the same result:
- thereefuge.com.au
- lavapixel.com
- kandj.com.au
- imagewithdesign.com.au

My home provider is iinet, but I believe at work we use Telstra, so doubt it is related to a particular provider.

Given this is not an isolated event (@mscott and MagicJ both affected at minimum, one in VIC one in TAS) then who knows how many other people it is affecting. Your site after all, but 'reset your modem' seems like a poor resolution. If your host is blacklisting IPs then I would want to know why and which.