Help / Suggestions

DavidS

The Resident Loony
Jul 17, 2011
Ballarat, Victoria
I'm confused.
Do you mean K&J's cart?
I only visited K&J late last night, never been there on my work computer, and was getting squid errors (our work proxy server) all day, couldn't resolve the domain name.

Problem was DNS related I believe, especially when whois couldn't resolve the name.
The primary problem is answered earlier - open cart is triggering a security process to throw IPs into the firewall; in itself, that's fairly basic stuff. I managed to get myself locked out the other day as well, but kindly asked for my static IP to be removed given it's a little hard to reboot a router that 10,000 other users are connected through :P

As to the DNS issue you're referring to - who'd know. More people than yourself should have been affected by that. Unless The Reefuge has been really naughty not updated their zone serial numbers, the zones for either of those sites haven't been changed for a while (so misconfiguration unlikely). Primary and secondaries are reporting the same entries, so unless bind dropped dead on both, I reckon the issue might have been elsewhere, strange as it is.

The Reefuge

Administrator
Jul 9, 2011
Hello everyone,

The problem is the opencart software being buggy. Due to this, the server firewall has viewed visitors as attacks and bans the IP automatically. K&J will have a new site soon which will prevent these errors.

Thanks.

Synodontis

Aug 1, 2011
Melton, Victoria
Hey DavidS,

Who did you ask to have your static IP removed? I reckon I have the same problem at work lol, opps, again. Every store is hooked to the main thingy & rebooting the blinky thingy at the store does nothing except waste 15 mins before its all up and running again. Every store I have been to from Ballarat to Mornington is locked out:rolleyes

DavidS

The Resident Loony
Jul 17, 2011
Ballarat, Victoria
Hey DavidS,

Who did you ask to have your static IP removed? I reckon I have the same problem at work lol, opps, again. Every store is hooked to the main thingy & rebooting the blinky thingy at the store does nothing except waste 15 mins before its all up and running again. Every store I have been to from Ballarat to Mornington is locked out:rolleyes
Yeah, I might send you a PM for that one - your work connection will be a little more involved to explain how they're doing that :P

Synodontis

Aug 1, 2011
Melton, Victoria
yeah from how i understand it, 400 stores in AU & NZ are hooked to Singapore, goes through the US parent company bullshit scans, (Asia IT is in in Singapore) then it finally gets to Melbourne. All to bloody hard me thinks!:confused:

& here I am switching off a $30.00 blinky box to fix the problem, hahaha, funny.

chimaera

enjoy the little things
May 13, 2012
Sandringham
I would like to place an order for 1x Luscious Red Lipstick, 1x pair of Aviators and 1x Illumagic Blaze 30S - please send payment details.

MagicJ

Jul 11, 2011
Hobart, Tasmania
I quite like it actually - Vicki will think I am buying her something nice for Christmas when I am actually buying something for the tank :p