Off-Topic

Sarg

Dec 11, 2011
Cheltenham
It's pretty easy to do and coffeesnobs is the best place to buy it. Just a bit of light reading in how to do it and your off. It's much like this hobby lol I'm set up with the basics others have probes and shit jacked into their bread makers logging roasting profiles into their computers and have everything mapped out. I had 18kg stashed in the cupboard at one stage! Do it!

When you buy from coffeesnobs 50c from every kilo goes in a slush fund to help coffee producers in third world countries REAL fair trade. They have brought equipment for one village in Africa already.

Sarg

Dec 11, 2011
Cheltenham
Just on the fair trade I mentioned here are the stats....

http://beanbay.coffeesnobs.com.au/FairCrack.aspx

So far 4 pulpers have been installed in villages around mount Kilimanjaro and various other labour paid projects. Atm they are building a farm stay at the village the first equipment was installed in so coffee lovers can go have a small stay in and check out the villages and help with some day to day plantation work. This has all been paid for from us buying coffee with zero admin fees! Unlike normal fair trade this is coffeesnobs "faircrack". We actually got to buy coffee from the first village coffeesnobs helped out which was awesome!

Wow hasn't this gone off topic sorry Michelle!!

And Luke how could you not like the smell!

MichelleShocked

Moderate ;)
Jan 7, 2012
Gladstone
Not at all, @Sarg - we've learnt heaps :) I'm enjoying hearing what everyone has to say!
I like seeing where a topic leads people. I just posted a pic and rant about something I noticed in the shops and now we know how to make our own coffee beans, a bit more about the fair trade deal and that Buddy and Luke need to get new taste buds......

Buddy

Mar 13, 2012
What would ya say if ive never had a beer either :p for the same reason as coffee.

RobbieMVFC

Feb 25, 2013
What would ya say if ive never had a beer either :p for the same reason as coffee.
I stopped drinking four years ago , I went on a end of season footy (soccer) trip and drank for 4 days straight .
When we got back I started training again for the next season and could feel the effects of the alcohol for the next 3 weeks.
That is when I decided that’s it for me.
Now people look at me like I have leprosy when I tell them I don’t drink.

VaultBoy

Jul 10, 2011
Gawler, S.A.
@Sarg It would seem I have a new "interest" (I cant say hobby or my wife will kill me!) Its good to see the coffee snobs supporting the growers too!

So I just have to "borrow" my brothers heat gun and order me some beans!

Sarg

Dec 11, 2011
Cheltenham
I stopped drinking four years ago , I went on a end of season footy (soccer) trip and drank for 4 days straight .
When we got back I started training again for the next season and could feel the effects of the alcohol for the next 3 weeks.
That is when I decided that’s it for me.
Now people look at me like I have leprosy when I tell them I don’t drink.
Mvfc supporter who doesn't drink either hmmm lucky you have a reef tank or you'd be lost forever lol ;)

Buddy buddy buddy I'm lost for words :)

Agent M

Oct 21, 2011
Melbourne
@Buddy - a mocha is a hot chocolate x coffee. It definitely has a very altered coffee smell so I'd be curious to see if that would pass your smell test.

Re: the beer, I completely get that. I straight out do not like beer and I'm not convinced everyone who drinks it does either - depends why you're drinking it. I don't get drunk so I drink for the taste & relaxation - Grolsch is the only beer so far I think is good. Wish we had more pale ales and dark stouts to choose from though - they are heaps better!

aussieant32

Team Leader
Feb 19, 2012
Sutherland, Australia
we actually have tonnes of pale ales, the problem is alot of the 'bottle shops' dont stock the boutique beers, very few of the big manufaturers make them.

I dont drink to get drunk either, but I do genuinely enjoy the taste of beer.

Buddy

Mar 13, 2012
@Buddy - a mocha is a hot chocolate x coffee. It definitely has a very altered coffee smell so I'd be curious to see if that would pass your smell test.

Re: the beer, I completely get that. I straight out do not like beer and I'm not convinced everyone who drinks it does either - depends why you're drinking it. I don't get drunk so I drink for the taste & relaxation - Grolsch is the only beer so far I think is good. Wish we had more pale ales and dark stouts to choose from though - they are heaps better!
I also dont like chocolate :p coffee + chocolate = worst nightmare haha.
I dont mind spirits, never liked beer or wine.

Agent M

Oct 21, 2011
Melbourne
Your girlfriend must be happy! All the chocolate is hers, lol :p I agree spirits are better - my grandfather introduced me to a straight good whiskey (at his funeral incidentally... he'd be proud!).

Buddy

Mar 13, 2012
Your girlfriend must be happy! All the chocolate is hers, lol :p I agree spirits are better - my grandfather introduced me to a straight good whiskey (at his funeral incidentally... he'd be proud!).
He would be proud! I have always like sambucca, usually have the black if I have it. Also, no gf! I must be sounding pretty boring LOL

Sarg

Dec 11, 2011
Cheltenham
Ge
@Sarg It would seem I have a new "interest" (I cant say hobby or my wife will kill me!) Its good to see the coffee snobs supporting the growers too!

So I just have to "borrow" my brothers heat gun and order me some beans!
Get an ozito one from bunnings. They are cheap and have a 3 year warranty just photocopy the reciept and if you burn it out swap it for a new one :)