Off-Topic

Fishy

Sep 1, 2012
Launceston
I used to go through 6 of the small white cups of coffee in a 4 hour watch with a heaped spoon in each, around 25 to 30 cups a day all up. Shore based before i got discharged so that got cut back to about 15 a day (had to leave room for the booze!). Once I was a civie I cut it back to about 8 but it took me almost 20 years to get back to the stage of 2 cups a day and no headaches...............I'm slow to change habits :p
Sounds familiar after owning a couple of coffee shops... Headaches ouch.
I know exactly what you've been thru...

MichelleShocked

Moderate ;)
Jan 7, 2012
Gladstone
I also get excruciating migraines if I drink several coffees one day then only drink one or two the next day. Even if I only drink one coffee one day and none the next day, I still wake up feeling like my head is gunna pop :cry

Agent M

Oct 21, 2011
Melbourne
I reduced my daily coffees one at a time, then started skipping days, then only having one when I needed a bit of zing to the brain for the next half hour..... which I still do sometimes.... and THEN, the ultimate coffee betrayal... I switched to 3 green teas a day and got my caffeine that way. It tastes awful though... I do it for the health benefits :( No headaches were had during the weaning off period :)

aussieant32

Team Leader
Feb 19, 2012
Sutherland, Australia
I have a really good machine at home, ust after something cheap for the office. I dont get much time at my desk so this is ideal. I keep perculating a nice brew and having to fix something for a tenant and its stone cold by the time I get back

ethana123

Nov 30, 2012
gladstone
a couple of the old fellas at work whine and complain about how i drink protein shakes/pre workouts and tell me how bad it is for me, how its going to do more harm than good, how they had "a mate" get really sick from taking them and blah blah blah so i showed them this the other day didn't stop them but they don't complain as much http://www.unp.me/f150/coffee-side-effects-83226/ nothing i drink is known to increase my chance of cancer and doesn't give me any side effects :)

MichelleShocked

Moderate ;)
Jan 7, 2012
Gladstone
Must be good stuff in ya coofffeee

I think I'm just particularly sensitive to caffeine - after I drink a cup, I break out in a light sweat on my face and my face goes red for a few minutes. I'm also highly allergic to codeine and any morphine based drugs - which makes toothache and surgery interesting :dead

Sarg

Dec 11, 2011
Cheltenham
I think I'm just particularly sensitive to caffeine - after I drink a cup, I break out in a light sweat on my face and my face goes red for a few minutes. I'm also highly allergic to codeine and any morphine based drugs - which makes toothache and surgery interesting :dead
My wife cant have caffine...... or dairy...... or gluten lol :cry

Buddy

Mar 13, 2012
If he doesn't like the taste of chocolate, girls haven't a hope in hell :rofl
Its funny cos my ex ran a cafe and was a coffee freak haha. I never knew people were so serious about coffee, I never even knew those big coffee machines existed... What's wrong with a kettle?

MichelleShocked

Moderate ;)
Jan 7, 2012
Gladstone
My wife cant have caffine...... or dairy...... or gluten lol :cry
I am lactose intolerant so I drink Zymil and I avoid white bread (even though i adore fresh white crusty bread *drool*) because something in the bread sensitizes me to weather changes and gives me bad allergy reactions