Reef Discussion

LFSdirect

Jul 11, 2011
Sydney
Competition time ! Win prizes !!!!!!!
Ok guys , this is what you have been waiting for. LFSdirect is launching a fun competition, how it's going to work is that you are going to visit your LFS and grab a business card, each different business card is one entry. So why not visit as many LFS as you can. That part is easy you say. Second part gets harder, tell your LFS why you are doing this.... Because you want to win prizes , prizes , prizes!

The third part is going to be the hardest and this requires the most effort!
These business cards will need to be posted to LFSdirect to be eligible for entry!
All you need to do is to include your Reefuge member name and member number.

How / when will this be drawn?
Well this is when it gets interesting!

For those of you that know now, lotterys are out and hat draws are in!
The prizes will be drawn out of a hat , first card drawn will be first prize and so on. Prize ceremony will take place at a LFS nomiated by LFSdirect with the help of a mod/ JP .

The comp is now open and will close in 8 weeks time with the draw 2 weeks later.
So go on visit your LFS tell them about Illumagic , TMS products and LFSdirect,
go grab some cards from the Fresh water LFS too tell them about the Illumagic Plant LED lights!

Get your cards signed and dated by a shop assistant or better, hit the owner up for his signature!

The competitor with the most cards will win a prize too!

One more thing! Hit like to proceed! Thanks

Synodontis

Aug 1, 2011
Melton, Victoria
Great idea for a competition LFSdirect & a great prize! :worship
Might refrain from entering this as we have been to just about every LFS in Melbourne, Ballarat, Geelong, Warnambool & all ways grab a card from them. :D

Good luck to all ;)

NiCd

Lead Moderator
Jul 29, 2011
Sydney
Just in time for the thursday romp around the LFS to see whats fresh in stock!

VaultBoy

Jul 10, 2011
Gawler, S.A.
Well this weekend I am planning a trip to the furthest LFS from me... On the way back I will be making a few stops!

This is an excellent competition! Thanks for your generosity LFSdirect

chris B

Dec 14, 2011
Liberty Grove
yeah i can see that the stores would be asking questions about this promotions.

How does the store benefit from this at all?
Are the stores going to be contacted once you have there business cards?

I see this could lead to complaints from LFS , once they catch onto this matter. they would not be happy some of them wont be.

that my 2 cents worth

Azfish

Sep 23, 2011
Sydney
Get over it Chris or should we make you a special soap box?

Nil's is the one who will cop any crap if the LFS is not happy that their card was given to a distributer and as stated above, you need to tell them why you want the card.

I'm off tomorrow, may have to do a LFS crawl :)

MTG

Jul 10, 2011
Gold Coast
Chris why would a store be upset that they Recieved more customers then normal and even maybe new customers that had never gone there before? I can't see a problem
Great idea nils !

LFSdirect

Jul 11, 2011
Sydney
It's a two way street here, I am sending customers off to shops ( or do we all buy online these days whilst we watch our favourite LFS struggle to pay their rent )
Maybe you might just see that coral you have always wanted.

The reason I asked for the cards was for the effort / fun factor of the comp, I have google at my fingertips and in reallity I have never spammed a LFS with any promotional material.
All my customers have found me by word of mouth and my own appointments.

I personally like going to visit my LFS's and I see them vitally important in promoting awareness of the new products that I would like to see and test out.
You got to remember that the big brands all started out as no name brands and it is only through us as hobbiests that use them and become familiar with them does our brand awareness and hobby grow.

LFSdirect sells its products through LFS's

alankeey

Oct 17, 2011
yeah i can see that the stores would be asking questions about this promotions.

How does the store benefit from this at all?
Are the stores going to be contacted once you have there business cards?

I see this could lead to complaints from LFS , once they catch onto this matter. they would not be happy some of them wont be.

that my 2 cents worth
Chris i dont usualy make any posts on this forum. i am more of a follower. but it has come to my attention that you have no idea what you are talking about. Do you even understand what the generous offer means? can you grasp what it is going to do?
do you need someone to explain it to you?
ill do the simplest description i can come up with
-Pros for the store
increased customers
possible word of mouth from other members
new long term customers
shop gains a new supplyer

-Cons
zero

-Pros for the user
meet new people
maybe get some nice coral in store
trying out new shops

-Cons
??

Matman

Jul 13, 2011
Coffs Harbour
It makes it difficult when you have one lfs and no competition,they can charge what they want.I might have an impulse buy every now and then.But most of my gear and livestock comes from other places out of state or OS.But good luck with the comp.

chris B

Dec 14, 2011
Liberty Grove
Chris why would a store be upset that they Recieved more customers then normal and even maybe new customers that had never gone there before? I can't see a problem
Great idea nils !
i have put this to the test today about the following and the owner told me, he doesnt sell this product as they do not think the product was suitable. as i went to pick up a coral i had on order and it took 1hr to get there. i was asking more about these lights and was shocked by the response. he said he had a couple call in today about the same info. he recommended another product which i will not mention.also they didn't have any business cards either.:( He asked why i need a business card , i didn't lead on to this promotion, he said customer advised him about the lfs direct promo, a customer mentioned.

Another side note.
I like the idea of the supplier getting the product out there in the stores, i am not bagging the supplier at all, the questions were general questions.

Yes the stores love more business coming through the door, who doesnt .

Joshwaaaa

Jul 22, 2011
I personally think this is an awesome idea, probably wont take part in it because I'm lazy however. Once again LFSdirect being quite generous :)

Maybe they are dealing with another dealer, who sells this product, maybe a suggestion, they should inform the stores of this promotion.so they are aware this is going on as most source there stock elsewhere from other suppliers.

Maybe they are dealing with another distributer other then LFS direct, maybe LFSdirect can offer them a better deal, maybe they have never even heard of of any of LFS directs products.

No LFS is going to be cranky because a distributer called them, as a matter of fact they probably get different distributers calling them on a weekly bases, I'm sure you will soon find this out when you start running your own LFS. Even in the steel industry we get different reps coming in all the time.

and to quote him myself
Second part gets harder, tell your LFS why you are doing this....
I'm sure if the certain LFS was not interested they would let you know