Reef Discussion

DavidS

The Resident Loony
Jul 17, 2011
Ballarat, Victoria
So, like a few other folks, I'm in a place that has bugger all LFS options, and no one that's serious enough that they'd be terribly interested let alone get them to give me a card (not even sure they have any).

That said, instead of complaining about how I can't really enter because I don't live in the city where I happen to have a heap LFS options, and how my decision to live in the middle of nowhere is somehow unfair, I'm going to thank and congratulate LFSdirect for bringing such an awesome competition to The Reefuge. This is absolutely sensational, so thank you for considering this little community worthy of such a competition. Also, I love the marketing strategy - that rocks. :D

Synodontis

Aug 1, 2011
Melton, Victoria
I think the peps in Sydney and Queensland have this competition in the bag just quietly. :(
And we can fix that problem DavidS just come on a LFS Crawl with us one weekend! :)
You'll be amazed at how many we can fit into a day :D

LFSdirect

Jul 11, 2011
Sydney
what about a reciept from the store as well
Hello chris B , thank you for taking the time to mention Illumagic to your LFS today. I know he showed you another product, next time you make the trip just remind him that Illumagic was designed by reef keepers, for reef keepers.
Your shop receipt will be accepted mate.

cozer

Jul 12, 2011
Tainan, Taiwan
In my opinion, I think this is a great and intersting marketing strategy which I never heard of before. I think LFSdirect is quite smart and generous of doing business this way. If there is someone doing the same competition in Taiwan, there will be hundreds of members collecting the business cards to win the prizes. People in Taiwan like to collect points to win a reward LOL. And I do not think LFSs would complain something that might bring profit to them. Some LFSs might consider some brands as unknown brands because no one tell them they are good. Now, these LFS might begin to be aware of Illlumagic through this competition. Well done, LFSdirect!

LFSdirect

Jul 11, 2011
Sydney
So only the first 45 cards have a chance at first place?
I see your point.... Got no idea as to what response this comp would bring.

If you all prefer the cards go into a hat and be drawn out by a sporting legend and my accountant who is a JP..... Or the draw is done in the presence of some reefuge members at a LFS we can do that.

NiCd

Lead Moderator
Jul 29, 2011
Sydney
As much as id love to enter this there is probably alot more "worthy" people than myself, if you want me to help with the draw ill bow out. Im a mod, JP and for work i supervise major prize draws that are underwritten by lloyds of london

LFSdirect

Jul 11, 2011
Sydney
As much as i.d love to enter this there is probably alot more "worthy" people than myself, if you want me to help with the draw ill bow out. Im a mod, JP and for work i supervise major prize draws that are underwritten by lloyds of london
This is exactly what we need, a prize draw free and fair, no violence, no intimidation, an open democracy, no balot tampering, no prize fixing!!!!
For a moment I thought I was in Zimbabwe.
That aside, I think that I would be glad for your help in this matter. A hat , prize draw will be a fair and simple way to distribute these prizes.

NiCd

Lead Moderator
Jul 29, 2011
Sydney
No worries, I think this will be more interesting than sitting on a golf course all day incase some gets a hole in one!

deanlh

Oct 20, 2011
Gold Coast
So receipts are ok... what from the past month or from the beginning of the comp....??????? can i copy and send them in so i can keep the original receipt...

Cheers dean