Off-Topic

MTG

Jul 10, 2011
Gold Coast
that's alright there the only good Toshiba other then the business models. that will play BF3 on high settings woo BUY IT :D​

Matman

Jul 13, 2011
Coffs Harbour
that's alright there the only good Toshiba other then the business models. that will play BF3 on high settings woo BUY IT :D​
Paid for it already.Guess what its mine dad is getting my old lappy and im paying the difference for his one.So im a happy camper,not that im a camper lol.

Azfish

Sep 23, 2011
Sydney
toshies are a good laptop, owned a few and rate them highly. Apart from toshie's, Asus is a great brand and well priced

Im trying to convince work that I need an Alienware lappy for my job, they keep saying yeah right, your getting another HP :(

MTG

Jul 10, 2011
Gold Coast
toshies are a good laptop, owned a few and rate them highly. Apart from toshie's, Asus is a great brand and well priced

Im trying to convince work that I need an Alienware lappy for my job, they keep saying yeah right, your getting another HP :(
tell them you need the big video card. get the model with the dual gtx580's its only like 4000$ :(

daveH

Team Leader
Nov 24, 2011
Brisbane Northside

Have a look at this http://www.umart.com.au/newindex2.phtml?bid=2. Blows Alienware out of the water. (You can see where Dell stole their design from). I have the G73 with SSD - great machine - completely replaced my desktop.

VaultBoy

Jul 10, 2011
Gawler, S.A.
I have asus lappy its my second and I think they are great.

current is a i7 2.20gHz with 4 gb ram. Geforce gt 520mx. Its great for everything I use it for... ie. thereefuge and paying bills on the net!

daveH

Team Leader
Nov 24, 2011
Brisbane Northside
I still prefer the alienwares :p all personal preference tho
If you really prefer the Alienware please, please do some research on their reliability and after-sales service.
There is a huge amount of forums on very unhappy Alienware customers. This isn't just my opinion.
Short story - In 2006 Alienware was sold to Dell, the 3 major original developers of Alienware stayed on at Dell but after 2 years they left because of the poor quality internals that Dell were starting to use. They have since started a new company OriginPC which is now receiving the industry awards that they were achieving with pre 2006 Alienwares.
Again, read the forums, and you will have a different opion of Dell and Alienware.
I'm not trying to deliberately pick on a company, but I do fully research every computer product or component before I purchase, it pays off in the long run, believe me.

MTG

Jul 10, 2011
Gold Coast
If you really prefer the Alienware please, please do some research on their reliability and after-sales service.
There is a huge amount of forums on very unhappy Alienware customers. This isn't just my opinion.
Short story - In 2006 Alienware was sold to Dell, the 3 major original developers of Alienware stayed on at Dell but after 2 years they left because of the poor quality internals that Dell were starting to use. They have since started a new company OriginPC which is now receiving the industry awards that they were achieving with pre 2006 Alienwares.
Again, read the forums, and you will have a different opion of Dell and Alienware.
I'm not trying to deliberately pick on a company, but I do fully research every computer product or component before I purchase, it pays off in the long run, believe me.
personally for me the dell warranty's are excellent. i deal with them every so often as he have a few hundred dells out there , they have been nothing but reliable. im an IT tech by trade so i work with them daily.
what issues have you had doing warranty's having business contacts probably makes it quicker for me.