Off-Topic

Cheeko

Aug 3, 2011
Brisbane
Finally Quick Internet
Hi Guys

Well after years and years of ADSL2+ not bad speeds 17mbps but not Consistent up and down
and with myself getting a slingbox setup in USA with Verizon Paytv hooked up to it I need the Speed to Stream all the Channels HD Mainly. i thought i would switch over to cable Shit what can i say i have never been happy here is what speed Im getting http://www.speedtest.net/result/2626124596.png
Pretty cool and its better then NBN

DavidS

The Resident Loony
Jul 17, 2011
Ballarat, Victoria
That is some damn sweet throughput.

I will draw exception to "its better then NBN" though. Um, no. It's faster than what the ISPs selling NBN connections are currently offering... cable is far more limited than what the NBN is capable of (in terms of reach, speed in gigabits per second, network longevity, less contention issues and so on).:p

Now damn it, send me your address, and I'll send you up a 4RU sized box that I'll need you to plug into your network and switch on and let it go for a couple of months for an important research experiment. Would help immensely if you don't put a firewall between it and the internet. Don't worry about the email you'll get from Telstra telling you that you've downloaded 150 terabytes of data - it's just spam ;)

Damo

Jun 4, 2012
Ipswich
i hate you cheeko i really hate you man :( im itching to get something better than adsl2+ nbn i suppose to be here but still waiting.

Cheeko

Aug 3, 2011
Brisbane
You pay for what you get though, I Pay $100 per month for 500gb with Home phone unlimted calls usually $130per month. But luckily I'm a telstra Corporate customer through work and i just gave my account executive a call LOL but i still would pay that full price.

Guys I Max peoples connections trying to download torrents but i suppose it helps when you can download 30with all same speed LOL

but at the moment my Streaming will Chew the full 500gb without any downloading torrents

Cheeko

Aug 3, 2011
Brisbane
i hate you cheeko i really hate you man :( im itching to get something better than adsl2+ nbn i suppose to be here but still waiting.
Yeah that sucks i have mates that have bought a house then asked me to get them connected and there on pair gains on RIM no that's bad couldn't even get ADSL1, i will always check address before i move its sucks but you goto these days.

Cheeko

Aug 3, 2011
Brisbane
That is some damn sweet throughput.

I will draw exception to "its better then NBN" though. Um, no. It's faster than what the ISPs selling NBN connections are currently offering... cable is far more limited than what the NBN is capable of (in terms of reach, speed in gigabits per second, network longevity, less contention issues and so on).:p

Now damn it, send me your address, and I'll send you up a 4RU sized box that I'll need you to plug into your network and switch on and let it go for a couple of months for an important research experiment. Would help immensely if you don't put a firewall between it and the internet. Don't worry about the email you'll get from Telstra telling you that you've downloaded 150 terabytes of data - it's just spam ;)
Its Quicker then the NBN now and your right NBN is capable of gigabit but this will never while I'm alive ill guarantee that by time NBN is finished ill be old duck LOL if it ever gets finished,

DavidS

The Resident Loony
Jul 17, 2011
Ballarat, Victoria
I'm yet to see any convincing technology that will bet fibre. Physics are a limiting factor to wireless technologies, which no matter how you're ever gonna cut it, is going to need fibre backhaul. Light is still the fastest thing going around ;)

Cheeko

Aug 3, 2011
Brisbane
That's the go think ii net has the quickest plan at moment 100down/40up one terabyte $100 per month now that's good.

Cheeko

Aug 3, 2011
Brisbane
Yeah i recon it will be interesting what you get when were all connected, and you will get the rebels like me still on Cable LOL

daveH

Team Leader
Nov 24, 2011
Brisbane Northside
I think we only got here in Aspley so quick because it's Swannies electorate.
So I guess we're lucky, cause he'll probably be history at the next election.