Tank Journal Archive

Tonight maybe.. gotta clean the glass but also got my hotshoe adapters for my wireless flash setup off ebay today.. so will have to test run them and see how they go.. i guess the tank is a good subject.. :)

Orright.. here are some of the pics i got tonight.. no tripod.. just stuffing around with the speedlight mounted on the camera shoe .. no remotes, no tripods.. have adjusted some brightness and tones in the post processing stuff that RAW photos allow you to do..

Remember to click images for full size shots! :)

Crablie1.JPG

Little Crablie off on another adventure..

Full Tank..JPG

A rather disappointing full tank shot.. colours are much better than in this photo.

Gonnie.JPG

Another lucky shot!!!!

Yeah not bad.. better.. a little over done if i really look at parts of it.. but the original stock photo wasnt great.. but better all around.
i think i needed to change my metering mode from wide to spot when i stood back from the tank..

Did so much to the photo in PP that i ended up doing too much.. kinda ended up cancelling out stuff that i did earlier if you know what i mean.. the original photo was terrible though.. just didn't have my remote flash mojo going on.. :(

MagicJ

Jul 11, 2011
Hobart, Tasmania
Nice pink tips by the look of it :) These can have a bad sting so make sure there is enough room around it too allow for expansion.

Yeah i was told to keep it away from my leather.. but hes got heaps of room.. thank good too after how big he stretched out yesterday..
Today though hes a bit more sedate.. prob due to the warm temps that snuck up on us today.. but all is well..

Got home at 5 and cranked the aircon up and tank is just now getting back to temp at 10:30.. but i need to do something about my salt levels.. im running a little bit under.. a very gradual change over time with evaporation and salt spray/creep and RO top ups.. whats the best way to combat the salt lost in spray / creep?

Orright.. back to tank modding.. ive never been happy with my HOB aqua one skimmer running as an in sump.. always seemed to be more stable and consistent running as a HOB in my old tank.. so i decided to try something.. i had just enough room between the sump and the door to run the skimmer as a HOF (hang on front) if i hung it from the chamber that it was in when in the sump.

Long story short.. look at the pic.. and ill let you know if it ends up tuning in as well as it did when on my old tank.

DSC05143.JPG

Update time.. :)
So last night Mrs Grug had her religious group over and unfortunately the Tank took over most of the post ceremony conversation.. Also these people dont know how to keep fingers covered in dip (avacado i believe) off my glass.. GRRRRR! poor fish spent most of the day wondering why it couldnt get the tasty looking lump that was on the glass..

So tonight i spent cleaning the glass and generally admiring my new tank (?2 months old now?) and wondering how i ever dealt with such a small tank (my old Aqua one 620T is dwarfed in comparison) and how i ever dealt without a sump!

One thing i have been wanting to do for a while was install a larger ato reservoir as my 8 L tank was only lasting me 30 hours at best..

so i managed to find the skinniest 20 L jerry can available and squish and pray and hope and hold my breath and finally got it to fit.. (yes.. i managed to get a 16cm tank into a 15cm wide space.. )

im seriously stressing about the stress that is placed on the side of my sump.. but i can only wait and see.. filling it is also a bit of a task.. but ill only have to do it a third as often so thats not to bad.. and ill find a way .. :)

ANYWAYS! ill keep us all updated as to how my sump fares and how long my new reservoir runs for.. :)

IMG_0589.JPG Click for larger image..

As for my skimmer move.. its never run better!!!!!! so really stocked with running my HOB as a HOB off the front of the sump.

And the new Blenny "Smilie" and my elegance are going great guns.. so "everything went better than expected" :cool: