Tank Journal Archive

NiCd

Lead Moderator
Jul 29, 2011
Sydney
Ive been following this since it was on RTAW.... I dont know if it's still current on there as I dont check that one much anymore!

Keep it up!
Yeah im much the same, If I can get jamie aka parrdog and andrew to put theres up on here I think id all but be done on RTAW

holla_passer

Oct 3, 2011
Sydney
Although rtaw has contributed so much to my knowledge and addiction to this hobby, i can't help but notice that unless you have a huge tank with billions of dollars worth of equipment that hasn't even been released into the market yet, then you won't get much attention or feedback. I am forever grateful for those who i have helped me out or kept me determined from rtaw but it is getting a little frustrating.

holla_passer

Oct 3, 2011
Sydney
Not too much to update unfortunately.
Tank is still kicking on, zoo growth is still steady, same as growth of GSP.
Hammers and acans are going strong, have noticed a couple of new tiny heads of the green hammer forming.
Had to prune back the pink kenya tree in the middle as it was starting to take over.
Have noticed an increase in the snail population. They were starting to give me the shits because they kept moving the zoo frags around, and flipping them over.

Apart from that, not much has changed.

holla_passer

Oct 3, 2011
Sydney
Thanks for the encouragement guys!

I use my brother's Nikon D5000 i think it is, with a 35mm lens. I'm still struggling to use it properly. I just take it in JPG format and do a straight upload onto the laptop. I can not be arsed shooting in RAW and all that stuff...maybe one day...

Duey

Jun 21, 2012
OH Man your tank is cool! Just read the whole thing. As Evil98 said, LOVE the DIY stuff. Facing problems then solving it yourself.
I want to do the surface simmer and Gravity ATO for my new pico tank.
Keep Up The Good Work!:)

emboli

Apr 15, 2012
I enjoyed reading through your journal and your ups and downs :)
In the end it seems you have tried so many different types of soft corals.
What was your favourite? Zoas and Hammers?