Tank Journal Archive

holla_passer

Oct 3, 2011
Sydney
Hey mate , I think your tank is amazing.
As an alternative to the mesh screen, how about a "euro brace" say 70 mm wide made of Perspex. I always believed that the jumpers launch themselves from the corners of the tank and out. This frame can be made to just sit ontop of your glass.
Thanks mate.
I did think of doing a euro brace style lining around the tank. It would certainly look good if done properly. I would have the outside edge of the perspex rebated so that it sat nicely on the edge of the glass tank. The only reason i didn't go with a euro brace was that i was worried fish would still jump from the centre of the tank and end up on top of the euro brace and either dry up and die there or keep flapping around until it fell off the brace and onto the floor.

But it is definitely an option that i may look more into in the future!

MichelleShocked

Moderate ;)
Jan 7, 2012
Gladstone
What????Just tried to watch your vid, Holla, but it says "this video contains content from EMI, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds".:eek Dont tell me the SOPA law is up and running!!!:eek:mad:

holla_passer

Oct 3, 2011
Sydney
What the hell?? Dammit. It still works for me though? But i did get an email saying that the video has been blocked in 237 countries!

holla_passer

Oct 3, 2011
Sydney
Yeahhh that really sucks. I've had to do an audio swap with a dodgy electro free track provided by youtube...how very helpful of them. Video should be working now.

Nick

Dec 6, 2011
Sydney
Re the coral growth, are you feeding?
I've found almost instant growth when I turn the pumps off and drop in mysis soaked in TLF zooplankton. Just a thought

holla_passer

Oct 3, 2011
Sydney
Re the coral growth, are you feeding?
I've found almost instant growth when I turn the pumps off and drop in mysis soaked in TLF zooplankton. Just a thought
Hey Nick, i feed the corals a DIY marinara mix with some pellets and amino acids about once every second day...about once a week i will actually target feed them, but most the time i just broadcast feed with the MP10 turned off. I've been thinking about trying to feed with zooplankton.

holla_passer

Oct 3, 2011
Sydney
Added substrate again!

...only a thin layer along the front and left side...was sick of snails moving frags and stuff around, as well as the MP10 slowly blowing things around...also kinda miss the look of having a nice clean white substrate.

VaultBoy

Jul 10, 2011
Gawler, S.A.
Ive been following this since it was on RTAW.... I dont know if its still current on there as I dont check that one much anymore!

Keep it up!