Tank Journal Archive

holla_passer

Oct 3, 2011
Sydney
Yeah thats a journey alright. Welcome
Stepped in it a few times along the way i'd say. ;)

Whats your thinking with the bed?
Hey mate, are you referring to the sand bed? If you are, I do enjoy being able to crank up the MP10 without having to worry about a sandstorm...but i do miss the look of having a nice white sand bottom to contrast the colours of the corals.

V

'vspec'

Not just that, your sand bed in nano environments gives you one hell of a free hit with handling stability.
Like discarded underwear....whoosh! lol

slin1977

Jul 13, 2011
Sydney
Great journal mate... all your DIY efforts were tradesman like in execution.

Heads up with Acans and strong lighting, the acan comes from turbid waters and dont need strong lights, less is more in this case, stick your acans in the shade.

holla_passer

Oct 3, 2011
Sydney
Great journal mate... all your DIY efforts were tradesman like in execution.

Heads up with Acans and strong lighting, the acan comes from turbid waters and dont need strong lights, less is more in this case, stick your acans in the shade.
Thanks for the compliment mate, its very satisfying to be able to do your own work on the tank rather than fork out cash on things that might not be suited to your particular set up.

And thanks for the tip with the acans...unfortunately i dont really have any shady spots for them at the moment...I will monitor their progress and see how they react...if need be, I will rescape to try and make some darker areas for them. The lights are being run at about 50% at the moment to help acclimate the corals.

holla_passer

Oct 3, 2011
Sydney
Haha thanks, but i know NOTHING about micro-controllers...or macro-controllers...or any type of controller for that matter!

V

'vspec'

Yeah, You have some good content, but my retina's are still seared by your colour choice. lol, Dude, I strongly recommend you see an optometrist