Tank Journal Archive

leodb89

Mar 6, 2012
Sydney
Install Time
So my gf is now over in Europe and I have everything I need, except the Schego heater but that's due in soon.

Big big thanks to Mark @Aquariums@Asquith he's done so much to help get me up and running sooner, go me my ZeoBak which is still coming from Germany so he got it in, 3 stores promised me call backs as soon as they got their Zeo order, I called Mark and it was there next day so that was crazy, got me my sand and my gfs sand Aragalive FijiPink and also my neptune probe holder, honestly everything was delivered as promised in the time promised, i dont care what they say about you Mark, you're alright! lol.

So here we are, gf is excited for her trip, im upset she wont be here for a month but trying to hold in the excitement of setting this up for her and seeing her reaction when she gets back from her trip :)

Bags Packed
Bags Packed (2).JPG

Clear Path to get the install going :)
Clear Path for Install.png

So tonight my sequence of events will be:

1.Leave work to go pick up dad's work van.
2.Go home pick up all the tank and gear.
3.Go to Auburn Aquarium on the way to gfs and get 15 drums of NSW and a cheap 250w heater until new one comes in.
4.Head to gfs and install the tank and have it started tonight and dose the first lot of Zeo.
5.Write down the plan for the cabinet cable management and work out which lighting ill get for the cabinet and also the wireless adapter for the neptune and get it all hooked up.
6.Take lots of photos for you guys :)

chimaera

enjoy the little things
May 13, 2012
Sandringham
Haha it's kinda funny which pics the site chooses to go on the front page. Looks like there's an update to the missing Malaysian airlines flight:

upload_2014-7-3_12-58-58.png

E

ezza

What do "they" say about Mark? I have found him to be an absolute pleasure to deal with. I buy almost everything there and love to stop in to have a look and a chat when I'm passing by. I am so happy he can get your zeo @leodb89, it sounded like a frustrating wait.

NiCd

Lead Moderator
Jul 29, 2011
Sydney
Love visiting Marks but there is no way of leaving that place without an hour long chat, not that im not responsible for it but it is not somewhere you can drop into in a hurry

leodb89

Mar 6, 2012
Sydney
What do "they" say about Mark? I have found him to be an absolute pleasure to deal with. I buy almost everything there and love to stop in to have a look and a chat when I'm passing by. I am so happy he can get your zeo @leodb89, it sounded like a frustrating wait.
Not so much but working on a tight schedule and it got held up in Germany so I ordered more locally through Mark, everyone here has been out of Zeo for a while and I just mentioned it in conversation to him and then when i went in to pick up the sand he's like here's your probe holder, your corals, your potters, your sand and your Zeo and I was like oh yeah when's that coming in and he's like no its here lol.

leodb89

Mar 6, 2012
Sydney
Love visiting Marks but there is no way of leaving that place without an hour long chat, not that im not responsible for it but it is not somewhere you can drop into in a hurry
Trueeeee but!! I think we should stop treating our LFS like a McDonald's and actually build relationships, there's not many stores that want to sit and chat rather than take your money and expect to take more of it the next day when they haven't given you any time of day.

leodb89

Mar 6, 2012
Sydney
So my sequence of events ended up:

1.Leave work to go pick up dad's work van.
2.Wait 2hrs because his worker was stuck on a job.
3.Contemplate not doing it and waiting til the weekend.
4.Snapped out of being sooky and just got on with it lol.
5.Went home pick up all the tank and gear.
6.Went to Auburn Aquarium on the way to gfs and got 10 drums of NSW and a cheap 300w heater until new one comes in.
7.Headed to gfs and dropped off all the gear.
8.Had tea with her nan.
9.Took some photos :)

leodb89

Mar 6, 2012
Sydney
I guess you could look at it 2 ways.

In one way I got a lot more done then I set out to (9 events rather than 6)

In another way I got next to nothing done lol.

E

ezza

Do you have photos of tea with nan? Were there finger sandwiches and iced vovos? ;) I kid, I love old people. :) that comes from your dad being 59 when you were born!

Mark and Mike are great. I spend more than an hour chatting when I go :p plus there are all the doggie cuddles! I am so grateful for all the help and friendship they've given me over the last year. It has made a definite impact on my life to have that kind of relationship with someone over fish... Apparently me and my fish to my husband equals the same degree of isolation and abandonment as do he and AFL to me.

leodb89

Mar 6, 2012
Sydney
Big shout out to Auburn Aquarium for staying open for me to get the NSW and a temporary heater. Also a big thank you to Charlie from Aquatic Architecture for helping out with loading up and sharing some solid knowledge and ideas for my build.

Photos will be up soon they're on my work PC I didn't get a chance yesterday :(

leodb89

Mar 6, 2012
Sydney
Went to Bunnings yesterday, grabbed a storage bin for soaking the rocks in RO, some cable management mesh, some cabinet LED strip lighting (need the magnetic door switch still).

After work today I'll head over and begin the install, it should be wet today with some live rock.