Off-Topic

Dynamic

Radio Host
Jul 9, 2011
Melbourne, Australia
Hey there Mary. Welcome to the site. Set up a tank journal so we can all see your progress on your tank, it is also a good way to get to know other members. We are pretty chilled out here, I am sure you will like it here.

MagicJ

Jul 11, 2011
Hobart, Tasmania
Hi mary :welcome

Nice sized tank :) It's a good idea to start up a Tank Journal so that we can see what you have got and makes it easier for us to answer any questions that you might have.

Let us know if you have any problems.

V

'vspec'

haha, the Victorian crowd is akin to gremlins, a drop of water and we seem to multiply.

And would you look at that, another reefer chick! ;)

Welcome mary.
Look forward to seeing you in the forums.

bug

May 25, 2012
Melbourne
hi guys, name is stacie :)
i've been on nano-reef (same username) for a lot longer - chimaera suggested I sign up here :) kudos to him lol
and... been reefing for around 3-4 years with a bunch of nano tanks. currently I had a DO!Aqua 60F (roughly 8G) it's been running since January and I'm thinking about starting up a 20G soon :D

watch out in the tank builds, I'll post a thread there soon :)

chimaera

enjoy the little things
May 13, 2012
Sandringham
Hey there! Glad you joined up. =0)

As much as I love nano-reef and the nano/pico advice, I always missed being able to discuss the Aussie reefing scene ... and after 20 posts you get to join the Victoria reefing scene (a state specific forum pops up) to get even more specific.

NiCd

Lead Moderator
Jul 29, 2011
Sydney
hi guys, name is stacie :)
i've been on nano-reef (same username) for a lot longer - chimaera suggested I sign up here :) kudos to him lol
and... been reefing for around 3-4 years with a bunch of nano tanks. currently I had a DO!Aqua 60F (roughly 8G) it's been running since January and I'm thinking about starting up a 20G soon :D

watch out in the tank builds, I'll post a thread there soon :)
I love the ADA nano's cant wait to see what you have done with it, bring on the pics!

bug

May 25, 2012
Melbourne
Hey there! Glad you joined up. =0)

As much as I love nano-reef and the nano/pico advice, I always missed being able to discuss the Aussie reefing scene ... and after 20 posts you get to join the Victoria reefing scene (a state specific forum pops up) to get even more specific.
of course - took a little time to track down this place, but I really like it, its so clean with the layout! lol thanks for the heads up on this site chimaera! much appreciated :)

20 posts to be part of VIC reefing scene, and NiCd is already interested - I really need to get a move on with starting that build thread :p
...work is going to be productive today.. I can tell

rockerpeller

Oct 14, 2011
Hastings, Vic
Wow the Vic members are creeping out of the woodwork now lol.

:welcome If you're like us, you'll find yourself more on this forum then the original ones we came from :)

bug

May 25, 2012
Melbourne
Hi Stacie (@bug) :welcome
hi :)

If you're like us, you'll find yourself more on this forum then the original ones we came from :)
haha i always walk into reeflections/coburg/williamstown aquariums and can see people either side of me, similar age, into reefing and it's just way too awkward to say hey, so i just stare at the tanks lol but would be nice to see people in there and have a convo :P
definitely feeling more at home on here! :D

rockerpeller

Oct 14, 2011
Hastings, Vic
hi :)

haha i always walk into reeflections/coburg/williamstown aquariums and can see people either side of me, similar age, into reefing and it's just way too awkward to say hey, so i just stare at the tanks lol but would be nice to see people in there and have a convo :p
definitely feeling more at home on here! :D
Hahaha that's me to a Tee! I've prolly seen a lot of the vic reefers on here already, but I do the exact same thing. Stare at the tanks, look for the prices, dream of the having the expensive ones on display :p

chimaera

enjoy the little things
May 13, 2012
Sandringham
Maybe we should all have Reefuge badges that we wear when visiting LFSs.

"Hi, my name is Peter, aka chimaera, Reefuge member".

V

'vspec'

My name badge reads,
Hi, my names V, I've left my beer somewhere, you seen it?
Welcome Bug. :confused:
Got to say, thats the first time I've said those words and meant it..haha

Synodontis

Aug 1, 2011
Melton, Victoria
:welcome

Where did all these Vic members come from come from?? You breeding them somewhere top secret @'vspec" something you want to tell us all? Hello to the new guy's, have fun in here. They are all a great group of people. :D

Sarg

Dec 11, 2011
Cheltenham
Welcome Bug :)

I recon your girl no 6 or 7. Your numbers are swelling I think there is a secret plan to take over ;)