Off-Topic

V

'vspec'

Yeah dude, we have to create one.
Much to neo's disgust ..haha, thats the beauty of it!

chimaera

enjoy the little things
May 13, 2012
Sandringham
Hi all! Peter, Brit living in Melbourne for just over a year (and plan to stay, despite the weather), 2x IQ5 picos (one mine, one the wife's), 70L peninsula tank with same size display fuge/sump work in progress (and has been for 6 months!), started the picos last July and got addicted ...

I think that'll do for now =0)

NiCd

Lead Moderator
Jul 29, 2011
Sydney
Welcome Pete!

We dont see many of the IQ5's in oz, they seem a really cool little pico for the money in brittan but over here I think they are priced at a few hundred so never really picked up.

Be very keen to see a TJ or even just some pictures to see how you are going with them!

chimaera

enjoy the little things
May 13, 2012
Sandringham
I'll make a TJ at some point on here - I have one over at nano-reef.com so need to decide whether to have two going at once =0)

But here are a couple of FTS shots, and the two together.

His:
alh3.googleusercontent.com__HNJaGHcf_3Y_T6_JKEnLKMI_AAAAAAAACif911154cf2cb54a74cf90abc4277482b.jpg

Hers:
alh4.googleusercontent.com__LM_GpTXLYnc_T6_JOEecfvI_AAAAAAAACic_bnx82fS04Xk_s720_DSC00252.JPG

The pair:
alh5.googleusercontent.com__n7J2QcEgGBo_T6ZP8t94ZqI_AAAAAAAACdg_6Rf4xUCswU8_s800_DSC00207.JPG

alh4.googleusercontent.com__dDBk0lAwziI_T6_JChY21yI_AAAAAAAACh023eb6b65e2a834bce990f63320e49ae.jpg

chimaera

enjoy the little things
May 13, 2012
Sandringham
Very similar indeed to the ibox, though I think that has 2x compartments and the IQ5 has 3x. Left one is the overflow, centre chamber, then return on the right. The Dymax heater fits along the bottom of chambers 1 and 2. Don't have any clear shots of the whole rear - here's one of each side, if you can see what's going on:

Left side
alh3.googleusercontent.com__6SZvr23wpRk_TjO2Nvhwc2I_AAAAAAAAAF2cd43d3f553e147c34e6d0a74bdfd78c.jpg

Right side (you can see the heater, which now sites along the bottom)
alh5.googleusercontent.com__jF7gYz3kBgg_TjO2HOoSboI_AAAAAAAAAFed4b1b9bf3c676329ae1ee3d4fd9e621.jpg

V

'vspec'

Nice concept with the coupled tanks.
Welcome bud.
I've seen some early postings, glad to have you here.

adam64

May 13, 2012
Hi all, my name is Adam and I'm from Melbourne! Been keeping fish for 5 years...currently running a full auto 2ft system...might post up some pics when I get a chance! I was directed to this forum by Sarg and I look forward to contributing!

V

'vspec'

Is it just me, or is the victorian crew swelling the ranks more than any other?

Howdy adam, one of sarg's mates hey, there's your first mistake..lol

Sarg

Dec 11, 2011
Cheltenham
Is it just me, or is the victorian crew swelling the ranks more than any other?

Howdy adam, one of sarg's mates hey, there's your first mistake..lol
Don't say that lol I was going to look at his tank for sale (the one in the Vic forum) the cooled off to stick to my plan.

Welcome Adam enjoy your stay and get that tj happening!!

And get your boss peddling his wares over here too ;)

zeebull

Apr 24, 2012
Toowoomba
Hey thought I would say hello .My name is Craig and have been into marines for the last 20 years or so. (HMM that could explain why I dont have a very healthy bank account) Once I work out how to get around in here I will start up a journal
Cheers

adam64

May 13, 2012
:welcomeAdam, post up a tank journal for everyone to drool over ;)
Thank you! I will post up a picture of my system soon!

Don't say that lol I was going to look at his tank for sale (the one in the Vic forum) the cooled off to stick to my plan.

Welcome Adam enjoy your stay and get that tj happening!!

And get your boss peddling his wares over here too ;)
Now you bring that up Sarg, some one buy my tank! :)

Thanks for the welcome mate!

V

'vspec'

Hey thought I would say hello .My name is Craig and have been into marines for the last 20 years or so. (HMM that could explain why I dont have a very healthy bank account) Once I work out how to get around in here I will start up a journal
Cheers
20 years..... christ, do we even have any crutches in this place guys?

Welcome to cool zone bud. I would have said wet zone, but then you'd prob have a stroke on me
ai266.photobucket.com_albums_ii269_theogrit_1sm251WaterBalloon.gif
~ and I cant have that on my conscience.

Look around, make yourself at home. Beers on tap, and there's ginger beer in the fridge for the softies..................On second thought I'd actually avoid drinking those if I were you. I've been known to consume the contents and carbonate my pee as a replacement. ~ some guppies cant even tell the difference yet..haha
If you feel like a Nana Nap later though, we do have some some resting beds up the back.

Look forward to seeing your starting mark.
afiles.myopera.com_debplatt_smiley_thumbs_up.gif

Synodontis

Aug 1, 2011
Melton, Victoria
Cheers
Hi all, my name is Adam and I'm from Melbourne! Been keeping fish for 5 years...currently running a full auto 2ft system...might post up some pics when I get a chance! I was directed to this forum by Sarg and I look forward to contributing!
:welcome A belated hello! form us over in the corner lurking around.

Sarg

Dec 11, 2011
Cheltenham
Haha Adam it's in the Vic forum once you get 20 posts you'll see it :)

A few Vic people will have met you and not even know it ;)