Tank Journal Archive

Priscacara

Jun 19, 2012
Lara
Depending on the camera you should be able to adjust your white balance, I have a custom setting for pics under my blue lights but was lucky that the cam seems to adjust well with all the lights on. Does help that my tank isn't very blue with both on either, my nano can be a nightmare at times as it is a bit bluer.

MTG

Jul 10, 2011
Gold Coast
Shoot in raw!! That is the most important thing for taking tank shots under blue light. You can adjust the white balance completely manually latter that way =)

Synodontis

Aug 1, 2011
Melton, Victoria
Well it's been a day or two since we posted anything in here so thought I might spill some dribble on paper & it may help to get my thought's in some sort of order. o_0

Yep, tank is coming down as we are moving this month. NOT looking forward to the tank move, where the phuck do you start???

So got the new RLSS R10-i skimmer in at last. Talk about a lot of pissing around! Why is it that when ever you think a job might take an hour or two, the bloody thing takes 6 hours! The thing was about an inch to big to fit into the chamber we wanted it in, so had to drain the sump, take out all the LR, remove two pieces of glass, install the skimmer, refill with fresh NSW & LR, simple right, right? Nope, the base of the skimmer missed between the top of the tank & cabinet by we figured 10mm. Looked at the power board end of the cabinet & thought, I can't be bothered removing all that just to pull the sump back a foot. Two of them came up with the idea to just cut a notch out of the cabinet. Wasn't to keen on that but after looking back at the end of the cabinet, thought it's about the only way. So out came the $10 Jigsaw from Bunnings I brought for one job & packed away again. As soon as the first cut was started I knew it was new cabinet time. Cut 15mm out of the cabinet & still the bloody thing wouldn't go in. in the end everything at the power board end had to come out. Have to admit here tho, round about now I had lost patience with the whole project & wasn't the gentlest in removing stuff. The cabinet lining that was in the way kinda sorta got ripped off instead of removed lol. So 6 hours later, skimmer was in & everything was plugged in but looking like shit with cords going every were, but the tank was running again.

IMAG1162.jpg

This was just the run in stage, haven't taken any of the install which is probably a good thing :mad:

Umm, what's next.

Oh yeah, moving. Still no idea how it will happen, but it will happen.
Got a new 8ft tank on order & that should be delivered about the 15th of this month. So grab a bargain here or it will be dismantled & thrown out. Hopefully the new cabinet for the 10ft will be delivered around the same time.

Fish that will not be going back in the tank after it is moved....
5x Yellow Chromis
2x Blue Chromes
1x Bi-color angel
1x Adult Yellow Bar Angel
Any crabs we find that are not hosting

Corals that will not be going back into the tank......
TBA

I like the look of the Flame Anthias that @megsez was lucky to get, so thinking maybe two or three schools of different Anthias, either 5 or 7 fish per school.

Well that's about all I think of for now that I can think of, will try to post some pics of the move when it happens to.

Tata for now.

Miller

Dec 4, 2012
traralgon
This is going to be a massive job to move this
I don't envy you at all haha
Schools of anthias sounds great
That's what I'm planning after I move but I only have room for 5-6 haha
Good luck with moving
Ps ya know if ya need a home for some of those great corals you guys have i be happy to "help" haha

Synodontis

Aug 1, 2011
Melton, Victoria
Thanks guy's,

We will start moving this long weekend. Should get most of it done. Tanks & livestock will more then likely be the following weekend. o_0 i think lol

megsez

Apr 29, 2012
sunshine coast
Thanks guy's,

We will start moving this long weekend. Should get most of it done. Tanks & livestock will more then likely be the following weekend. o_0 i think lol
Wish I was there to help. Love moving tanks and setting up ( to wifes dismay). You pay for a plane ticket and I'm there :P Anthias are doing great wish I could get a bigger school like you guys can have. Pics don't them justice.

How is the skimmer going ?

Synodontis

Aug 1, 2011
Melton, Victoria
Ahh well, this is how it starts right.
Tank move will be next Saturday 23/03/13 so I may have to send out some messages lol. The last two or three weeks have been hectic trying to get stuff organised & delivered. Hopefully the coral sand for the 10ft & the Gold river pebbles will be here for the 8ft tomorrow to. If anyone wants some size 00 marble chips let us know as there is about 100Kg in the tank now that wont be going back in.

Picked up the cabinet today from Dave @ Deer Park. Should have seen the looks on the way home lol. Surprised we didn't cause an accident at some point. The amount of head turning that was going on. We were talking about this last night & saying it would be best to do it mid day as peak hour would be silly. So the cabinet gets to the shop just after 14:00 & we left at 14:45 so peak hour had just started. Only just got out of there before the soccer mom's starting turning up for the rug brat's. Was a slow trip up the Western Hwy but bugger em all! they always hold me up so it felt good to hold everyone else up for a change, often wondered what driving in the left hand lane was like lol.
So anyway, on to the pic's .....
20130315_142954.jpg

20130315_141113.jpg

20130315_141245.jpg

20130315_143026.jpg

20130315_143044.jpg

20130315_143124.jpg

20130315_143110.jpg

20130315_143104.jpg

20130315_143406.jpg

So now we are at home waiting for a hand to get the bloody thing off the ute.
Was looking at @MagicJ tank while we were there & liked the look/idea of the extra bit on the length of the cabinet. So this cabinet is twelve foot long by two & a half foot wide, one meter tall. Six two foot doors along the front for easy access, both ends of the cabinet are also doors. There is no step on the side doors so the sump will just slide straight in.Having an extra two foot under the tank will come in handy to I'm betting lol. It's amazing how much crap you can jam in when you need to, this time I'd like to have it looking good for longer then the first time I have to change or get at something.

That's about it, will try & post some pics of the finial resting place tonight at some stage.

Ken & Jen:)