Reef Discussion

Riaan_Tas

Jan 6, 2012
Parkwood Qld
Led there be light
Hi there
Any one on here bought some EverGrow IT2080 LEDs ?
Want to buy 3 units but first need some more info.

Any feedback would be great
Cheers

MTG

Jul 10, 2011
Gold Coast
im not a fan of orphek either, 2k hmmmm, i know what i would personaly use but on a budget the maxspec razors are decent bang for buck , 2 x 2 foot illumagics would be my choice for lps or softys if you want sps i would probably go ati power module t5's

roamin

Nov 6, 2012
I actually have the it 2080. I got mine from darren at reef secrets. To me I'm more than happy with them. I currently have them set at 20% on both channels. There's 2 channels. One for blues. One for the whites reds and greens. My tank looks fine with them and I like it. Programmable sunset and sunrise. I don't have sps but from what I've seen and what Darren said its definatly possible. Reef central forums has big threads on these. Lots of Americans use them and love them. Now I'm not saying there the best light on the market. But they are defiantly not shit either! I am happy with it!

There also known as photon32 from there American outlet. You can custom order the lights in any pattern or colors you like with the leds. You can also buy spare parts or get them under warranty so you can fix it yourself if you are into DIY. Also keep your warranty after you fix it yourself.

@Buddy was at my house last night. Maybe he can say what he thought?

Look in my tank journal for pics but my photography is shit lol :)

Buddy

Mar 13, 2012
I only briefly saw it but from what I saw they look pretty good. It has all the sunrise sunset dimming etc and a remote control if you are a lazy bastard!

roamin

Nov 6, 2012
sorry for the delay mate i was away for 3 days as i explained in the pm.

i like them, id buy them again. read american forums mate and see what they say! theres plenty of photos in the threads, one bloke actually did a week by week photoshoot on his sps sticks to show that they were growing under his lights.

roamin

Nov 6, 2012
of course there will always be people who prefer cree, i would have got cree myself but i cant afford to spend the $1400 on proper cree lighting, if you are on a budget like me (just bought my first house 8 months ago) than there is nothing wrong with these. im actually now running these at 20% due to algae and still everything is happy, still bright. but at 100% light shock makes things not so happy. there a proven light. so i was happy to get it.