Tank Journal Archive

leodb89

Mar 6, 2012
Sydney
lol thats not my set up thats the set up im getting the light stand from

im sending off some artwork to have the weir cover quoted n decide if i go with 3 panels of acrylic or make one like the original

and sending off measurements to have a new sump quoted because i dont really feel like modifying my existing one

V

'vspec'

lol thats not my set up thats the set up im getting the light stand from

im sending off some artwork to have the weir cover quoted n decide if i go with 3 panels of acrylic or make one like the original

and sending off measurements to have a new sump quoted because i dont really feel like modifying my existing one
sorry dude, i saw the last page only, cant take me anywhere:rolleyes

leodb89

Mar 6, 2012
Sydney
bunnings connect-it tubing! that's what I was telling you about lol
looks good though :) how much did you pay for it? :)
bug its $40 for it so less drama haha already ready to go :P

that tank looks really familiar. Is it from sutherland by any chance?
yeah his username is astroboy i think on MA**

sorry dude, i saw the last page only, cant take me anywhere:rolleyes
lol no worries i got excited but my set ups usually arent that nice :(

leodb89

Mar 6, 2012
Sydney
haha no worries...ive decided to get a sump built for this so i can have it the way i want it and extreme reef said they could do it for around $60 does anyone have any ideas on a design cos i wanna get it to him today...tyring to draw one on googlesketchup but not too farmiliar with it and cant get it to the right scale

leodb89

Mar 6, 2012
Sydney
owk lol i said that too but think he knew i wanted it asap so he said that i just want it to fit the deltec....its 5mm too big for the sump i have so i dont feel too much regret in buying a new sump :P

leodb89

Mar 6, 2012
Sydney
So my update today is...

Ordered my plumbing form WETEARTH, was meant to come today but didn't :/ so id assume monday.

Today i ordered:
-Deltec SC1455 - thanks andries for the advice
-2x9kg Bags of Fiji Pink Aragalive Sand
-Eheim Compact 2000+ for return from sump
-Eheim Compact 1000 for chiller

Still to buy

-Light stand from astroboy and one from LFS see which one im gonna roll with
-MP10 Wetside to replace the one i broke
-Pick up my sump from Dave @Extreme Reef and have my holes drilled
-Base rock from a fellow reefer :)
-Ecotech hanging kit for radion
-refractometer

depression tablets cos im feeling guilty for spending $850 in 2 days for something i havent got in front of me - dont troll my TJ cos i know you guys spend this in 30min on your tanks when buying stuff...its only my second tank lol

then ima get this b**tch wet

LEG-IT

Feb 12, 2012
Bossley Park
SSSSSSSSHIIEEETT NIGS BALLIN outta control

That baserock should look epic, could use egg crate as the lifters instead of PVC?

Keen to see her wet soon, no pun intended..

WoodyMackay

Oct 12, 2011
Looks like you setting up to have a solid tank leo! don't worry about spending the money its worth it when its wet. I still think to myself farkk i have spent some money on this, but when you get home from a sh*t day at work and go straight to your tank to watch it, you realise its worth every cent. think about getting a dosing pump if you are intending on sps, you will get sick of manual dosing quick smart, i sure did! give me a yell if you need a hand with anything...
BTW if you get this in time MASS are having their monthly meet at Taren Point Majestic Aquarium, come say hey and have a chat to the gys at 12!

leodb89

Mar 6, 2012
Sydney
i was planning on coming down but screwed my back up at soccer yesterday and cant move lol.
thanks n i know in the end i will say thank go i bought these things instead of buying cheap things and then having to worry about them 2 months down the track...not really gonna be a fan of dosing haha but that might change somewhere down the line

leodb89

Mar 6, 2012
Sydney
loook what got delivered today :)

IMG_7594.JPG

haha cant believe how excited over a few fittings :P

only prob is i dont see how the SFTFT32 and the SFTFT25 will fit next to each other in the weir :S

WoodyMackay

Oct 12, 2011
Haha quality! If worse comes to worse, you can grind the side of the blkhead slightly, don't go too much thiugh! Just enough

NiCd

Lead Moderator
Jul 29, 2011
Sydney
There is a fair bit of extra meat on the hansons, I have taken them down to the diameter of the nut head before without any issues, but obviously the more you can leave of the better.

leodb89

Mar 6, 2012
Sydney
ye ur not wrong ads....i was hoping to do that....also the one other thing is the thread on these MF's are so long they're gonna stick out like daffodil in a tulip festival (best i could come up with, without using races lol)