Tank Journal Archive

leodb89

Mar 6, 2012
Sydney
so i get a call just then.....AoA..."hey mate just got your fiji pink and 2 return pumps, says return to sender check level, are you in a multistorey building?" "yeh i told the guy Level 6 when i ordered it, theres a mobile number the courier shouldve called" aghhh so frustrating i know its not their fault or maybe it is, just more pissed that these couriers cant just say hang on ill call the guy to double check its not like my job is that hard that i cant (just venting)

no mention of the other package from them....the deltec..that hasnt been returned to sender so see what happens

as someone said earlier....teaching me patience, i guess its why my last tank ended up such a mess...anyway i just want my new toys :( they're resending and hopefully next week that tees up with my tank drilling and picking up the sump (if that doesnt change too)

so...sorry guys not too many updates for ya...

leodb89

Mar 6, 2012
Sydney
just messaged dave @Extreme Reef ..... wednesday is solid :) so fingerr-crossed, wednesday night i will be on my way to carlingford after work with a 2ft cube in my car, and ill be coming home with a 2ft cube drilled with 2 returns and loclines ready to be installed and a new sump ready to fit my AoA gear..

now to start rearranging my room again :(

leodb89

Mar 6, 2012
Sydney
AoA posted out the coral sand that they received return to sender, today so hopefully get that tomorrow or wednesday, but the pumps n deltec havent shown up yet :( ....not many smiles yet, do keep your eyes on this thread though its probably going to be the most active TJ you'll ever see haha day-by-day even
chris tucker.png

leodb89

Mar 6, 2012
Sydney
would like to know your guys opinions on a stock-ing list...if you had a 2ft cube what would you have?

remember im gonna have an excessively overrated skimmer so dont skimp on the fish qty lol

Salty

Jun 6, 2012
lol, remember leo that skimmer doesn't dictate fish quantity, space does.

NiCd

Lead Moderator
Jul 29, 2011
Sydney
With the overated skimmers I have found it pretty vital to be heavily stocked, it is harder in once sense because you need to pick everything very carefully and go with all very placid species but when you get it right it looks amazing

leodb89

Mar 6, 2012
Sydney
im thinking you should build me a fish wish list :P any ideas...anthias are out of the question for me as i cant feed as often as they require

NiCd

Lead Moderator
Jul 29, 2011
Sydney
I wouldnt rule the out, dispars can get away with a two feeds every other day and a single inbetween, they are also like $15 each and look pretty cool. You could also pop an auto feeder under your hood if you are concerned

Most things I like are usually fairly common and easy to keep, you can be snobby and get rare for the sake of rare but there isnt much point IMO

I would look at two schooling type fish to create alot of colour and movement then a few interesting feature fish.

Its hard without knowing your scape and your personal preference, ATM i like really low and open scapes with the fish hanging out mid to high in the tank, If it were me stocking it and assuming I was going to put in the work, I would probably be looking at

5 dispar for the nice pink and orange hues
5 blue green chromis for the blue and green hues
2 yellow assessors for some yellow and create interested down the bottom of the tank
flame angel for the reds and as the main feature fish (be careful with your LPS and clams)
pair of clowns for entertainment and whats a reef tank without them

Generally speaking the chromis and dispars will only worry about each other, the assessors will hand out in the rock work, the flame will be the boss of the tank and the pair of clowns will just be clowns until they start breeding then may turn into the boss's of the tank to which you may be issues there. Fish being like people, there are individual personalities, things may not work out like this so you need to play it as you see it and adjust accrodingly.

leodb89

Mar 6, 2012
Sydney
so i received a package today
IMG_7764.JPG

here's what was inside...didn't realise the grain was so tiny lol hope it doesnt cause a sand storm

Fiji Pink 2 bags

IMG_7766.JPG

Also bought this tonight off gizmo (a reefer soon to be with the fuge)

IMG_7765.JPG

now i have one bag of the one from gizmo but 2 fiji pink....u think i should try my luck or just throw the fiji straight into the sump DSB and buy a second one like the one above for the tank ?

leodb89

Mar 6, 2012
Sydney
Now for the better things lol

heres my tank after being drilled tonight by Dave @Extreme reef (that sounds so wrong haha)

IMG_7758.JPG

IMG_7760.JPG

heres my locline fitting for my hansen SFTFT15 return....i need a second, can anyone tell me what size this is in locline

IMG_7761.JPG

(looks like one of vman 's toys)

my new sump :) 3 chambers, one for skimmer and possibly 2 reactors TLF150's///the other for DSB refugium, and last bubletrap to return.

the skimmer section looks small but measured to fit hassle-free....we hope :/

IMG_7762.JPG

IMG_7763.JPG

loving the black silicone these days :)

so now im waiting for my second AoA package with the eheim 2000 and deltec, and then the eheim 3000 will be shipped tomorrow if the stock comes in tomorrow...ahhhh so excited wanna just get the cycle going already have the prawns ready!!! lol

leodb89

Mar 6, 2012
Sydney
thanks ads...no where near 30 pages before getting wet but for my first real build haha not too bad..

do you have many issues with such fine sand in your tank? assuming u have fiji pink ye?

NiCd

Lead Moderator
Jul 29, 2011
Sydney
I think a certain self indulgent wanker did that as he had to wait 8 months before getting his tank so he kept himself busy in other ways.