Tank Journal Archive

NiCd

Lead Moderator
Jul 29, 2011
Sydney
Success and patience go hand in hand- take Jamie aka parrdog up if you want to measure the two concepts. ;)
Jamie has the patiences of a sudatted saint, I consider myself fairly good but I would have been scaling buildings screaming obsenities. But you are right, he had every single remotly possible bad luck, despite perfect planing outcome thrown at him one after the other and he has still come out with one of the top built setups around

leodb89

Mar 6, 2012
Sydney
My Updated to-buy/to-do list:

-MP10 (this weekend)
-MP10 RF upgrade chip (next week sometime)
-Tunze ATO (tonight)
-RO Unit (tomorrow night)
-Plumbing fittings (this weekend or tomorrow night)
-Sand for DSB (this weekend)
-Bag of sand for DT
-Handfull of crushed coral for zoa garden (tonight)
-Refractometre (temp one this weekend)
-Tunze Calcium Dispenser for ATO (unsure)
-Base rock for tank (tonight)
-LR to see tank (this weekend)
-Dosing Pumps
-Dosing tube holder
-Radion Mounting Cable Kit (maybe this weekend)
-Measure weir (tonight)
-Order laser cut acrylic for weir (tomorrow, pick up this weekend)
-Foam for tank (this weekend)
-Another power-board or 2 from bing lee with individual switches

ahhh seems like a lot to do/get...but really its not lol just thinking out loud on the screen get it out of my head to stop stressing haha...all this work to sit there for a month watching water pass in and out..

slin1977

Jul 13, 2011
Sydney
Thoughts on coral selection yet?
Did you want to share space in a box or two of coral with me?
I can also get you live rock.

leodb89

Mar 6, 2012
Sydney
thanks for that ads...learning from my own mistakes and others so glad this one was one i didn't have to go through myself lol...

leodb89

Mar 6, 2012
Sydney
My Updated to-buy/to-do list:

-MP10 RF upgrade chip (next week sometime)
-Tunze Calcium Dispenser for ATO (unsure)
-LR to see tank (this weekend)
-Dosing tube holder
-Radion Mounting Cable Kit (maybe this weekend)

ok guys so i havent had a chance to get as far as i wouldve liked...however had some form of progress

ive picked up my dosing pumps some aquaroche, an mp10, Cyclopeeze, zeobak and zeostart (gonna do the zeo 14day cycle) some more pluming fittings, the acrylic for my weir and some foam...ive got the tank on the stand with the foam all cut, siliconing the weir covers tonight, and putting the sump in the cabinet, have sent my cousin an email with the list of plumbing things i need but other than that all thats left is to finish plumbing and leak test this mofo...got a bunch of pics ill upload tonight...sorry for not sticking to my deadline :( lol

leodb89

Mar 6, 2012
Sydney
i didn't get a lot done but giving the impression i did with lots of pics lol just was too busy :(

this is where my tank will sit...chiller on left and ATO resevour on the right - the desk wont be there just temp shift
DSC02341.JPG

some of my gear most off the other tank except my osmolator
DSC02342.JPG

measuring the foam for the sump
DSC02343.JPG

tank and some gear before i started doing anything yesterday
DSC02344.JPG

my weir cover laser cut from "AnySize AnyShape" in Tarren Point, really happy with the finish
DSC02345.JPG

my aquaroche base-rock as well as some normal baserock
DSC02346.JPG

the half done vinyl removal lol by hand when i first got it
DSC02347.JPG

hair dryer and some TLP (tender loving pulling)
DSC02348.JPG

and some beer from the mother-land
DSC02349.JPG

so we begin
DSC02350.JPG

ah looking good, one blister on the thumb from hot vinyl and all she needs is a nice metho wipe
DSC02351.JPG

tank on the stand - the black thing is the foam the tank was sitting on from when i bought it :/ lol pretty useless
DSC02352.JPG

top down view...had to turn the pumps off for this one :P
DSC02354.JPG

DSC02355.JPG

difference between the 2 foams
DSC02356.JPG

attaching the locline
DSC02357.JPG

as you can see a lot to trim off these bulkheads...notice the little flop looking fitting? its my temp solution until my other locline comes in lol
DSC02358.JPG

my light stand...not to confident with putting this on but we'll see how she goes
DSC02359.JPG

cutting the foam for the sump
DSC02360.JPG

powerboards...using the black i think i like the go with the buttons and theres a lot of room for labelling
DSC02362.JPG

my weir cover
DSC02364.JPG

DSC02365.JPG

naked weir
DSC02366.JPG

one side on
DSC02367.JPG

DSC02368.JPG

2 sides on
DSC02369.JPG

and who said that 3mp10's was overkill? maybe i shouldve bought a 4th to help me out here
DSC02372.JPG

Sarg

Dec 11, 2011
Cheltenham
Nice work and clever idea with those pumps 8-)

Not many TJ's work to a predetermined date pick a fill month then it's easy lol

leodb89

Mar 6, 2012
Sydney
Thoughts on coral selection yet?
Did you want to share space in a box or two of coral with me?
I can also get you live rock.
hey nils...im planning on going frags and growing them out as to which ones i want...i have no idea lol...i have a good source of frags from a fellow reefer and they've been great so may continue going there...possibly add a scolli in maybe a morph or something but just gonna play by ear...happy to see what kinda things you can get ur hands on though :P

leodb89

Mar 6, 2012
Sydney
siliconed the last piece of the weir
DSC02374.JPG

with the black background i wont notice the obscure weir shape from the 2 visible angles....i hope
DSC02375.JPG

DSC02377.JPG

have ordered most plumbing supplies should get them tomorrow or thursday, and the SCWD will be in hopefully by thursday/friday

then all thats left is some stainless steel hose clamps and some 3/4" hosing.

then the leak test this weekend :O scared haha

also looking for a sump light and cabinet light, wouldnt mind some LEDs slowly ramping up as the door opens and turning off when the door closes...any idea how i can achieve this?

leodb89

Mar 6, 2012
Sydney
haha i was thinking maybe what people use for pantries...arduino might let me have sunrise sunset in the cabinet or disco lol

leodb89

Mar 6, 2012
Sydney
lol and have the tune from dont mess with the zohan when the door opens like a birthday card "disco disco hooo hoo disco disco*