Tank Journal Archive

leodb89

Mar 6, 2012
Sydney
how long have you had your red star leo? do anything special to keep it alive??
to be honest i dont do anything other than try keep my levels normal...i was never successful in the past but i have some algae and left over food for it as well as a stable temp with my chiller and stable salinity with the ATO so id say thats whats helping keep it alive...im also looking at purchasing that starfish from finding nemo that requires cooler water, as i already have it low for my borb anthias i might as well make the most of it :)

Bugger hope it picks up! They do say to raise the mag slowly.
yeah well the redsea dosage chart said id need like 500mL if not more to bump it up and i only dosed something like 250mL over 3 days twice a day so 40mL twice a day for 3 days but i guess it was a little quick and i know it was but wasnt thinking at the time...nothing good happens quickly in this hobby

leodb89

Mar 6, 2012
Sydney
what kits you using? Would phos and nitrates being at 0 be the cause for the hammers etc struggling, mine really struggled until I raised both
i know this but i doubt they are at a complete 0 and more so 0.xx because i still have algae coming

im using API test kits for Phos, Ca, No2, No3, Amm...Redsea for Mg, and JBJ for Copper (which i never use)

aussieant32

Team Leader
Feb 19, 2012
Sutherland, Australia
just the amount of reagent per drop is enough to not give an accurate reading. If your params are stable it will give a consistant result as each time you test it the drops are the same..

JimmyDang

Sep 12, 2012
Sydney
Nice tank man, like the range of corals..is that your mini maxi and anemone shrimps? I want mini maxis..but I also want a pair of watchmen goby..perching gobies and sticky anemones don't go well together sadly...can I have yours to experiment?

leodb89

Mar 6, 2012
Sydney
ive got a shrimp goby pair but the nem isn't in the tank yet until I rescape to know its got enough room and wouldn't cause an outbreak of poke-battles with other things in my tank lol and the thing is only like 10cm in diameter so doubt the goby will get caught on it

vman

Go you Mighty Roosters !!!!
Oct 8, 2011
sydney 2036
bro best thing to do is 20-30% water changes and nothing else with 100% good NSW every day until things come good.