Tank Journal Archive

chimaera

enjoy the little things
May 13, 2012
Sandringham
Shame, but at the risk of sounding harsh, the dumbass brought it on himself! Glad there is some positive to it though.

Sarg

Dec 11, 2011
Cheltenham
Maybe his not timid maybe the copperband was digging around in the crevis and the wrasse jumped him from behind and wedged him in there :)

Shame he died. They are nice lookin fish.

How are the frags going?

Buddy

Mar 13, 2012
Shame, but at the risk of sounding harsh, the dumbass brought it on himself! Glad there is some positive to it though.
Yeah I have to admit it was a pretty retarded thing to do!
Maybe his not timid maybe the copperband was digging around in the crevis and the wrasse jumped him from behind and wedged him in there :)

Shame he died. They are nice lookin fish.

How are the frags going?
Haha yeah the wrasse had been plotting his attack!
The blue frags are still bright, the green one is faded a bit. No polyps on any of them.

Sarg

Dec 11, 2011
Cheltenham
At least they have kept there colour! Did you read that acro al link I put in the acro al pm? From memory it said something in there about good colour but no polyp extension.

Buddy

Mar 13, 2012
Yep I dont think I have enough flow in there. Its hard to get strong flow in there without blasting the crap out of eveything. They are just gonna have to wait till the upgrade ;)

Priscacara

Jun 19, 2012
Lara
Sorry to hear it didn't make it Luke, they are beautiful fish but that one must have been really eager to get at something or a bit thick :(

Buddy

Mar 13, 2012
Here is the latest FTS after I had to remove everything to free the copperband. I left out a 5kg rock from the right hand side because I couldnt be bothered re stacking it all! Excuse the crappy pic it was just a quick one!
fts10.02.13_1.jpg

Buddy

Mar 13, 2012
Yep two different duncans there. They are still pissed off a bit because of the clowns.

Sarg

Dec 11, 2011
Cheltenham
I had never noticed those green duncans. I dont think I have ever seen one with green frills o_0

The new scape looks good too!

chimaera

enjoy the little things
May 13, 2012
Sandringham
Have you had the duncans a while? I started with two 'different' types of duncans, one green and one a pinky colour ... now they are both identical!

Buddy

Mar 13, 2012
Yep I've had the normal ones over a year now, I got the green ones about 6 months ago.

Buddy

Mar 13, 2012
I moved this tank last weekend but only about 5 mins up the road. All the fish are fine. Duncans fragged themselves lol. Squashed half of my little fungia but it has already recovered. The only loss was one of my hammers that never opened up after I moved it, started looking a bit feral today so I threw it before anything could spread... of course the most expensive hammer I had :rolleyes The sps are slowly fading, I hope they can hold on until the upgrade. I also have a scolly that has been slowly receding over the last couple of months. It is still feeding well so hopefully it makes it! The chiller has been going nuts this week with the warm weather, coming on a couple of times every hour except for early mornings.
If all goes to plan, the tank should be shut down in 2-3 weeks and everything transferred to the 6ft. I am thinking of keeping it running as a QT tank.