Tank Journal Archive

V

'vspec'

I had to do a bit of back tracking, cause I missed a bit.
Looking good dude, its filled out nicely;)

How the rest of your presentation going?

Luke

Jul 11, 2011
Launceston
Just getting back into the tank again after a bit of a break
looks much the same ...But with a lot of coralline algae on the glass :(
No hair algae or other nasties tho ... So that's a bonus after a long break with FA water changes or maintenance :cry
fix that tomorrow i hope

Sarg

Dec 11, 2011
Cheltenham
Wow I thought you'd shut it down. Good to see its still somewhat going lol I'm sure it will soon return to its former glory!

Luke

Jul 11, 2011
Launceston
I lost a few corals not many tho , Two of those where zoas that got over taken by my green encrusting monti believe it or not :eek That thing wants to dominate the world !!
So all in all its still much the same ... Just needs a tidy up really .........Maybe a month tidy up ;) But livestock going well

Luke

Jul 11, 2011
Launceston
Having another look , One of my other sps's has nearly overtaken a colony of nice zoas as well
And there i was when i put in the zoas , Worried about the acros o_0

????

Luke

Jul 11, 2011
Launceston
lol ...I just stumbled onto it ,
I was wondering where i want to take the tank .
I thought having a look at what it used to look like , Might give me an idea on where i want to take it from here , Then i saw it and thought .... that's worth a quote ;) :D

Luke

Jul 11, 2011
Launceston
Went to the new LFS today :)
Seems friendly great price to ...Picked up an orange favia that looks great under blue LED's :)
Asked about some blue / Purple and red acro's ..Told me he will have a look when he gets the next list :)
Pity i cant take pics under blue LED's tho :( Any tips ?
Also ... from elsewhere i got a gold hammer and a fluro orange fungia

Luke

Jul 11, 2011
Launceston
Thought id take some pics of the tank , Before i finish with the tidy up
Keep in mind .. after a long period of neglect , I'm only half way from getting the coralline algae off the glass :(
The monti that over took my nice zoas you can still just make out the frag plug middle right hand side :( It also took over some crappy ones that came on the live rock
DSC_0114.JPG

My Favite feeding about midday . I might have to move this soon
DSC_0113.JPG

My new fungia
DSC_0098.JPG

Next my small hammer garden .. Strange pic .. I havnt adjusted any of these , But the lobo to the right is not as red IRL but the hammers are brighter in person , Still opening up after being moved , The one over the back is the new Gold one ... Looks gold in person , It hasnt opened up yet just got it today ....Wish i could take pics :(
Hope it looks as good fully open as i hope .
DSC_0102.JPG

And the full tank shot .. Remember its not finished ... But not too bad for 6mths or more without a water change
Apart from one two weeks ago ... But im back into it now every week from now on
DSC_0107.JPG

Luke

Jul 11, 2011
Launceston
Time for a side shot .. white lights are starting to dim .. Same camera settings ..still no photo editing at all ...Maybe i should tho ;)
DSC_0123.JPG

Luke

Jul 11, 2011
Launceston
One last pic... With only blue LED's on , They really are brighter in person , At least you can see a slight bit of gold in the hammer now ? Also you can see my new orange favia, In the middle
DSC_0147.JPG

chimaera

enjoy the little things
May 13, 2012
Sandringham
Tank is looking good, nice new additions!

Taking pics under blue lights is tricky ... I would recommend a DSLR, shoot in RAW, and then adjust the blue colour tone down. No way to get a good pic from a point and shoot (or phone) really, or without post adjustment.