Off-Topic

V

'vspec'

Movie/ Series/ Games/ Graphics Thread
New thread for those that want to join in.

I, just like many others, are busy as hell, so exposure isn't what it used to be.

If you think its worth watching or playing (Upcoming titles included) , then you know what to do!

Machine Gun Preacher ~ Hidden true story type gem I watched tonight

The Watchmen ~ The grown-ups comic

Sucker Punch ~ MTV Music video thrust into fantasy.

Justice League (game trailer) ~ Sweet to watch!

Puncture

Continue.......

Sarg

Dec 11, 2011
Cheltenham
I've been meaning to rent sucker punch I'll have to check it out.

If your a fan of Robert Rodriguez movies id say check out Machete. I rented it a couple of weeks back and it was pretty good, but as usual with his movies violence was over the top and unreal, and also has a good cast ie Jessica Alba, Michelle Rodriguez, Robert Dinero, Steven Segal and the main actor Danny Trejo. Even Lindsay lohan is in it lol

Other good ones of late are smurfs, Kung fu panda 2, how to train your dragon and this list goes on and on and on and on..... Though thankfully kids movies are quite entertaining these days. I remember being over at the brother in laws for the weekend and the kids watched how to train your dragon and left the tv on and the movie started up again and the adults all sitting down in piece and quite for the second screening as the kids were bored with it the second time around :)

Synodontis

Aug 1, 2011
Melton, Victoria
If anyone is into reading....
Stephen King - The Dark Tower series, believe it or not, its not a horror theme.
Douglas Adams - Just read them all lol.
Eric Van Lustbader - Well structured Japanese sword fights

DavidS

The Resident Loony
Jul 17, 2011
Ballarat, Victoria
Machine Gun Preacher looks to be interesting - will be this evenings viewing me thinks. Not really into the religion/crusading bit, but it looks like there might be enough action around the drama to get me to watch the whole thing.
Sucker Punch was good. Time to hang the washing on the clothes horse, start another load and go watch something in 3D :D

DavidS

The Resident Loony
Jul 17, 2011
Ballarat, Victoria
Just watched Puss in Boots. Now I want eggs. Curried eggs. Just a slight problem of no mayo, no curry and no eggs. Hmmmm.

The eggs might make sense if you've seen the movie. :D

V

'vspec'

For those that love a good series I suggest the following.

Rome

Spartacus

Being Human. ( There are 2 by the way, UK and US versions.)

For the gamers
Mass effect 3 (such an awesome series, and your choices starting from the first shape the following installments)

Sarg

Dec 11, 2011
Cheltenham
Spartacus is AWESOME though I missed the last 3 eps of the first season. That is one series I will be buying I havent seen any of the following seasons yet but if they are like the others I will get them too.

So sad for Andy and his family left behind though, he seemed like a good person and his kids are so young to.

Dynamic

Radio Host
Jul 9, 2011
Melbourne, Australia

I recently started watching this show (3 days ago). I did not know it existed. Luckily Mel was looking for some zombie films and this showed up.

I gotta tell you, this show is fantastic. It is much better than any zombie movie released in the last 20 years (aside from Zombie Land). I would HIGHLY recommend this show to anyone. A quick warning though, it is extremely graphic (I am actually amazed they let it go to air on the T.V) so if you have little ones, keep it in mind.

DavidS

The Resident Loony
Jul 17, 2011
Ballarat, Victoria
Man, you missed us talking about the walking dead months ago. It gets a little less graphic by the second season, so don't talk that up too much :D
That little girl taking a head shot at the start of the first episode, that won me. :p

V

'vspec'

mass effect 3 looks amazing. wonder if i can play it without playing the others?
I see no reason why you couldn't, they still have to sell titles after all.
Its just your story line journey, characters and your preferences that continue, making it a true trilogy bud. Your missing out other wise IMO.

Continuing the gaming theme.

BioShock Infinite (nothing like a big daddy to f^ck up your day!!)

I Am Alive (always good in survival mode)

Quantum Conundrum ( If you loved the game Portals off the Orange Box series, then this from the same creator)

Brothers in Arms 4 : Furious4

Demo Reels

V

'vspec'

Zombie series looks like the next one for me:)

Justified (Shoot first ask questions later US Marshall in hicktown, quite good though)

Just watched Limitless

V

'vspec'

sucker punch as good!.
i liked "in time"
not to bad for a timberlake movie!
Yeah wasn't bad, great concept. Actually talking timberlake, I liked his role in the social network. Good Bio.

Talking of Bio's, J Edgar Hoover was a rather revealing one

Sarg

Dec 11, 2011
Cheltenham
Leo is a great actor, I thought he was great in Blood Diamond and Inception.

How good is Clint too, i loved Gran Turino!!

V

'vspec'

I find him a bit of a poof and some-what child like to be honest, but his acting has only gotten better since titanic. I believe I have liked every one there after actually.

Eastwood is old school, You know that saying, sex is like pizza, even if its bad, its still pretty good! Well eastwood fits that saying to a T.

Any good driving games out?
Playing games on projection made me appreciate the grid franchise. To date its the best driving game I've played.
If something trumps that, I'd like to see it!

Matman

Jul 13, 2011
Coffs Harbour
Playing Dirt3 on the xbox,was bored so I downloaded it.Some of it is ok,but all the best cars you have to pay extra for.