Tank Journal Archive

Wrangy

May 7, 2013
Research
Yep that's what I was thinking or the ecotechs, potentially even maxspect but curious as to what people think :)

MTG

Jul 10, 2011
Gold Coast
Update, Tank cycle after move isnt going to well. crashed a little more then i thought it would and have lost two full hammers (one was one of my new rare ones :( ) and also one head of my yellowy green and one head of my purple tip green stem. tank is covered in diatom and looks horrible. hopefully it starts to clear up over the next few weeks!

found the cause of the problem to be that my starfish started melting behind my rock work causing a nutrient spike, while the system is unstable as it is seems like it couldn't cope!

can only hope for the best

Dr. Schell

The Fuckin' Doc
Jul 12, 2011
Brisbane
hope that all goes well, there are always setback, but I am sure that your tank will once again be stunning given sufficient time.

RNGracias

Apr 6, 2013
it will recover not happy about the losses tho!!! :(
All will go well, dont rush, :banghead, one of the things we need to get through with every move:cum, take it slow :stop, Thats a beauty and the mother of all good tanks:worship, nurse it back to health like a baby.:)

MTG

Jul 10, 2011
Gold Coast
All will go well, dont rush, :banghead, one of the things we need to get through with every move:cum, take it slow :stop, Thats a beauty and the mother of all good tanks:worship, nurse it back to health like a baby.:)
not sure if there will be much to nurse back :D another two hammers down today !

have to rush when i had to be out of the house and move it to the new house in one day!!

MTG

Jul 10, 2011
Gold Coast
the issue ended up being my hydrometer!!! thought i mixed salt right NEK MINNUT ended up being 1.037 in the tank and the added stress of moving made them melt rather quick !

Kirky

Nov 23, 2012
Man that sucks :( On the plus it will allow you to go through the fun of finding and selecting new hammers to make flourish in your tank