Help / Suggestions

Phil

Oct 23, 2012
Sydney
What forum do the entries go in?
I think you just post it in the usual place but start if with 'comp1 or 'comp2' . If its a find for a price of equipment (hardware or additive etc) put it there . If ur thread is 'offtopic' just throw it there.. But start it with whichever comp u want it included in ..
Please someone correct that if its wrong :)

Synodontis

Aug 1, 2011
Melton, Victoria
We have a search & the ONLY entry :( was from @leodb89, now young Leo is a mod which means he can not win. (Sorry Leo:( )

We will go back between 15/11 & 15/12 to look at what threads have been started. This will take some time which at the moment is hard to find for us. We will get it done & post what we find. :)

leodb89

Mar 6, 2012
Sydney
oh no...this cant be true there has to be a bi-law that states im only a rookie mod and only a mod of the classifieds surely!!

lol ive never won a prize....take my mod job jus gimme my prizeee i tell ya!! lol

DavidS

The Resident Loony
Jul 17, 2011
Ballarat, Victoria
oh no...this cant be true there has to be a bi-law that states im only a rookie mod and only a mod of the classifieds surely!!

lol ive never won a prize....take my mod job jus gimme my prizeee i tell ya!! lol
No such bi-law :D

I think hightlights the fact that perhaps the approach to running comps needs to be changed.
It's very easy to loose threads depending on how you view the forum (personally, I only look at Latest Posts, so see it once, and it's gone until someone replies) - I wouldn't be surprised if the same doesn't happen for others.
Perhaps @The Reefuge might need to look at some kind of annoying box or banner or something that stays in everyone's face when there's a comp on so it doesn't get lost in the traffic? Comps are cool but it's easy to not see them unless they're in your face.
I only vaguely even recall there being an active comp - a thread i saw quickly in passing, and never saw again, followed by an uninteresting thread called COMP1 COMP2 that was of zero interest, hence never read.
I'd have to suspect that others paid about as much attention as I did.

The Reefuge

Administrator
Jul 9, 2011
Hello everyone,

Let us use this as a learning curve. Leo being a mod means he can not accept prizes from competitions (sorry Leo). However, seeing as he was the only person to enter the competition, we can close this one.

I will put up a competition in January that users across the forum will be able to enter (aside from staff), and I will be running the competition. Stay tuned.

Thanks.