Help / Suggestions

I like the frag comp idea. to gain content maybe the person posting should have to post step by step pictures instead of 'original coral then fragged coral'

Then other users could learn how to frag their corals aswell (supports sustainable reefing, keeps nice corals in the hobby when shared, fun, etc...)

Synodontis

Aug 1, 2011
Melton, Victoria
So many good ideas people!

COMPETITION DATE - 15/11/2012 to 15/12/2012 Rules & Regs will be posted on the evening of the 15th.
WINNERS ANNOUNCED - 17/12/2012
ITEMS POSTED - 18/12/2012
Hopefully people will receive items before Christmas! :)

Two ideas stand out for us at the moment.

MagicJ - Thread of the month (Everyone can start a thread)
Reef6 - Find of the month (Everyone has online access)

We are looking for a quick turn around time with this as we would like to move these bits on to people who can use them.

Therefore any frag comp wont work. The Vic frag comp is still going we Believe.:)
TOT? is always a shit fight, how do you compare a 100Ltr tank to 2000Ltr tank. That is why the TJ's are broken into 3 sections.:confused:
Tank rescape - again not enough members will be willing to perform this task lol, count us out! :eek
Photo comp - Have you seen the quality of our pics? lmao, I'm sure others out there are in the same boat. ( MTG & Sidd you guys win):rolleyes
Burnout pics/vid - Lovin this idea in another off topic thread! :worship
Article/review thread- Not everyone has the ability to write as well as some in here. ( NiCd you win) :rolleyes
True tank story - ( vpreef 's Mystery Wrasse) This sounds like a great thread idea in it's own right! :D

Will take a pic of the prizes tomorrow night & post in this thread for everyone to see. There is still 26Hrs to go so please keep the great ideas coming! Obviously like the mod squad, we wont be entering lol. :p

Ken & Jen :)

leodb89

Mar 6, 2012
Sydney
I agree with chimaera

I like the idea of a frag comp but the more I think about it the harder it gets!

Time to start thinking about threads...

it could work...one competition per state?

or we could order from acroAL and order pieces for the state have 5 entrants...then post before and after pic... MTG could run the victorian one take pics or have rules and guidelines on how to take the pics and so can sidd for NSW?

chimaera

enjoy the little things
May 13, 2012
Sandringham
Let's have a think about a frag comp separately, as K&J say this one should be a quick easy before xmas gig. A frag comp would need to run for 3-6 months at least ...

'vspec'

Aug 26, 2012
Melbourne
what about a recruitment drive, most new members brought in by the end of the month?
All I heard was pubcrawl. I'll get your numbers adam.
I may have to predict the percentage of spew in a specified volume at some point, but other than that it will be a laugh
party.gif

'vspec'

Aug 26, 2012
Melbourne
Crap, I'm late for the party.

How bout "Thanks, but I'm Attached Pico!"

Cheap DIY Pico building, entertaining as f%^k ~ and allow em to attach it to the tank like a hang'on buddy, rather than standalone
Why do I always think the coolest?
Titanic.gif

Synodontis

Aug 1, 2011
Melton, Victoria
Evening all,:)

Well looks like the ideas have come to a halt, so here we go. The prizes were donated to TheReefuge so lets make the most of them for TheReefuge.
Two comps running simultaneously.

1) Thread of the month
This can be on any topic you choose. If you want to enter, please start the thread title with "comp1" then the title so we can keep track of each thread. Be as creative as you like. We will not be following the responses to the thread to much. It is the content that we will be looking at. The prize at the end will be the two wave makers.

2) Find of the month
This can be anything from a coral in a shop to a cool piece of equipment. You don't have to purchase the toy, but please post a pic & a link to where you found it. A brief description will also help. Why did you think this was a cool find? Please start the thread title with "comp2" again so we can keep track of them. This will include anything you find online, this will not put anyone in remote places or lack of LFS in their area at a disadvantage. The prize at the end will be the nano reef-roids.

Some basic rules
1) Both comps start 08:00 16/11/12
2) Both comps finish 20:00 16/12/12
3) Decisions will be made by TheReefuge & us.
4) Winners will be announced in this thread 18/12/12
5) This is meant to be a bit of fun for the group. Please do not get tied down in the details.
6) No spammers eligible for their threads on how good their products are ;)
7) More then one entry per member for any comp is permitted. Hate having a good idea once you posted & cant re-post with another idea.

That's about all we can think up at the moment. This is not about rules, this is about having a bit of fun. :D If anyone wants to get all hung up about the rules lol, guess what, we got the goods & we are sending them out at the end of the day lol :p So go ahead, impress the world with your thoughts, threads & finds!

Ken & Jen