Help / Suggestions

MTG

Jul 10, 2011
Gold Coast
New Ideas
We are chasing new ideas for the forum, we welcome everyone to put forward any ideas that they think might be usefull for other users or ways we could improve on things.

Thanks

MTG

Jul 10, 2011
Gold Coast
once there is more content in them and it starts filling up we will definitely make the extra folders in the coral section.
next on the list is the tassie thread section in the trading section

VaultBoy

Jul 10, 2011
Gawler, S.A.
I'd like to reccomend making all links to external sites open in an new tab/window automatically so that they dont navigate away from the forum. I dont know if its easy to do or not but I've seen it done on other forums and I think its a really good feature.

MTG

Jul 10, 2011
Gold Coast
i no what you mean. you mean in the webbrowser. i will talk to the admin and see what he says

MagicJ

Jul 11, 2011
Hobart, Tasmania
Just found it - it is called a favicon. You just need a 32x32 image titled favicon.ico - copy this to the same directory as the index.html page. Then insert this code into the HEAD section of the index.html page :

<LINK REL="SHORTCUT ICON" HREF="http://www.domain.com/favicon.ico">

Upload the files and all done.

But I am sure that the admin will know what to do :rolleyes:

The Reefuge

Administrator
Jul 9, 2011
I'd like to reccomend making all links to external sites open in an new tab/window automatically so that they dont navigate away from the forum. I dont know if its easy to do or not but I've seen it done on other forums and I think its a really good feature.
Hi VaultBoy,

Currently the site is coded so that when a link is clicked that is hosted on our site EG: (www.thereefuge.com/something) it will open up in the same window. If it is external (www.youtube.com) it will open up in a new window.

Thanks for the suggestion, it is a good idea. We are already there though :) Keep the ideas coming.

The Reefuge

Administrator
Jul 9, 2011
The site needs an icon that appears next to the address - I forget what its called. I will have a look.
Hi MagicJ,

The site is still not 100% complete. But now that you mention it, that will be the next item on the to do list. Thanks very much for the suggestion :)

Thanks.

Dr. Schell

The Fuckin' Doc
Jul 12, 2011
Brisbane
Suggest having a section labelled something along the lines of: help required,in which questions can be asked. Would be faster than having to cruse through all of the categories

MagicJ

Jul 11, 2011
Hobart, Tasmania
In a way, that is what the Search function is for. In time there may be 500 posts in the 'Help Required' section and people still would not be able to easily find the answer to their question :)

MagicJ

Jul 11, 2011
Hobart, Tasmania
Just had a quick look at that site - I could not see a 'Help Required' section. Have you got a link to the section you are referring too?

Dr. Schell

The Fuckin' Doc
Jul 12, 2011
Brisbane
no, will have a look and try to get something to you in the next few days. I seem to recall that they have (or had - has been a while since I was on there) a section where all questions go innitially. Once answered, the then get moved into the relevent section.