Tank Journal Archive

chimaera

enjoy the little things
May 13, 2012
Sandringham
Nah do it, I am a big believer in large water changes not doing any harm to a tank, particularly when there are benefits associated.

mscott

Jan 2, 2012
Wheelers Hill
perfect, haha, its the first ever water change i have done on this tank, not counting replaced water when the skimmer overflows or when we moved it, haha

mscott

Jan 2, 2012
Wheelers Hill
Baught a new goni and a huge fungia plate today, but then come home after being out all day to find some mass algea issues.
Any idea what is going on?? it has never been this bad before.
Cheers

mscott

Jan 2, 2012
Wheelers Hill
My new LED's arived today, 4 cyan, 4 violet and 2UV's, plus two 30x18cm heatsinks, for the build of my nicer looking unit. Just waiting for my wire to arrive that i baught off ebay and i can start dissmantaling my current setup and re-do it properly. Hopefully with the soldering of a professional.

mscott

Jan 2, 2012
Wheelers Hill
Umm, havnt quite worked that out yet but I think it will be
12x 10000k
16x royal blue
4 violet
4 cyan
2 UV
Thats it for the moment, also want to grab some greens soon, but we will see how this goes first

chimaera

enjoy the little things
May 13, 2012
Sandringham
Nice! Are you happy with the colours and mixing etc? From what I can tell, those greens and pinks are popping nicely.

mscott

Jan 2, 2012
Wheelers Hill
i am very happy with it, im thinking of doing one more board with the same design to add into the middle, as when the boards are closer together it looks awesome.
I have seen already some improvement from my hammer, fungia, morphs, cadilia sp., and blasto. Im also starting to see some extension from my duncan frag and birdsnest frag, both of which were bleaching under the old lights.

mscott

Jan 2, 2012
Wheelers Hill
I guess that soldering iron is waterproof eh? :confused:
Oh yea man, its 100% water solderable, it can solder under water hahahaha, naa i have coverglass and its only there because i kept breaking the solders haha.
wow LEDs look amazing...u got a build thread?
Nope i have a mistake thread though haha, its in the DIY bit, you could call it a build thread i suppose haha :)
Cheers