leodb89

Mar 6, 2012
Sydney
One day I'd light to try spot a speck of algae to make me feel a little better

I love this tank looking great Oscar

David

Aug 20, 2012
Melbourne
following along as well... Im very scared about your tap water issue.... been there done that and it didn't end well for me.. or cheaply

OSCAR85

Jan 8, 2013
St Kilda, Melbourne
Yeah, I have used tap water for about 12 months now, on this tank and previous. I did have a phos issue once but as I test water weekly it never eventuates into anything bad. Testing water and tracking your results is the key to any tank.

I feel sorry for tap water. I feel a lot of people blame it or use it as a scape goat for their issues without testing all parameters. Many reefers have long term success with the use of tap water including myself and shops like bunarong.
It does also depend on location. I am lucky to have clean water from my taps.
following along as well... Im very scared about your tap water issue.... been there done that and it didn't end well for me.. or cheaply

Buddy

Mar 13, 2012
i think melbourne tap water is pretty good, my tds is usually about 21, but i still filter it.

daniel borja

Apr 17, 2013
this has got to be the cleanest tank ive seen! love the clean lines and the scape! really compliments the fish's colour and beauty as well as showing the shape of the reef. obviously had the "less is more" direction in mind ;) one of the best tanks ive seen on the fuge! well done oscar :)

leodb89

Mar 6, 2012
Sydney
so oscar just curious....do you get coraline growth too? ad just clean it of....or has the coraline not begun to show

OSCAR85

Jan 8, 2013
St Kilda, Melbourne
this has got to be the cleanest tank ive seen! love the clean lines and the scape! really compliments the fish's colour and beauty as well as showing the shape of the reef. obviously had the "less is more" direction in mind ;) one of the best tanks ive seen on the fuge! well done oscar :)
thank you

Hookyboy

Apr 4, 2013
Hi Oscar love your tank , I was wondering where you got the rubber splitter on the return pipe to the tank for disbursing the water 2 ways , I am collecting my cade in about 2 weeks and want to do the same as your return.

OSCAR85

Jan 8, 2013
St Kilda, Melbourne
Hi Oscar love your tank , I was wondering where you got the rubber splitter on the return pipe to the tank for disbursing the water 2 ways , I am collecting my cade in about 2 weeks and want to do the same as your return.
Just from bunnings, there is plenty of options but its not in the plumbing area it's in with all the garden taps and n shit