Tank Journal Archive

OSCAR85

Jan 8, 2013
St Kilda, Melbourne
what a eventful night.

First i look into sump as the return pump (eheim 5000) is making a weird/bad noise. Then i notice a spring leak in the return pump hose.
So i turn off return pump and then turn it back on to see if the noise will go away.... but it wont come on ...i try switching it on/off/on/off/on/off many times and nothing then later i try it again and it works but the hose bursts.

So as there is no water flowing from display tank to sump and that means no skimming happening.

I will find a new return pipe hose (AS THE CADE ONE HAS FAILED AFTER 4 MONTHS!)
and get the eheim return pump replaced.

Dr. Schell

The Fuckin' Doc
Jul 12, 2011
Brisbane
Maintain high flows in the dt, the live rock will continue to filter the water untill you can get the return pump and hose sorted.

Cosby

May 14, 2013
what a eventful night.

First i look into sump as the return pump (eheim 5000) is making a weird/bad noise. Then i notice a spring leak in the return pump hose.
So i turn off return pump and then turn it back on to see if the noise will go away.... but it wont come on ...i try switching it on/off/on/off/on/off many times and nothing then later i try it again and it works but the hose bursts.

So as there is no water flowing from display tank to sump and that means no skimming happening.

I will find a new return pipe hose (AS THE CADE ONE HAS FAILED AFTER 4 MONTHS!)
and get the eheim return pump replaced.

Ahh shit. Not fun!

Looks like the first thing I'll be doing when I get my Cade is replace the return hose.

Buddy

Mar 13, 2012
OSCAR85 said:
yes not the best. i think ill go with a normal rubber one instead of a brittle plastic china piece of shit.
Your new hose will probably originate from China anyway haha.

Reactions: MTG

Buddy

Mar 13, 2012
Lol yeah cut back on the political correctness leo.
Im just gonna stand over here and sing "baa baa coloured sheep" now :p

OSCAR85

Jan 8, 2013
St Kilda, Melbourne
sorry i should be more careful with my choice of words. Sorry if i offended anyone. I was just angry at my pipe explosion at 10pm and night with water everywhere.

Disappointment is with cade and cheap nasty plumbing. not to mention the hose clamps not even being stainless steal

daniel borja

Apr 17, 2013
website?

and as for Apple, when will they ever quit?
can you imagine if they start making high tech marine tanks :P