Tank Journal Archive

Dr. Schell

The Fuckin' Doc
Jul 12, 2011
Brisbane
sorry i should be more careful with my choice of words. Sorry if i offended anyone. I was just angry at my pipe explosion at 10pm and night with water everywhere.

Disappointment is with cade and cheap nasty plumbing. not to mention the hose clamps not even being stainless steal
perhaps you need to provide carity. Was the pipe made in China?. Did the pipe break due to quality issues (ie. was it crap)?. If both of these statments are true, the this in fact would be a true statment, 'A piecies of Shit made in China'. This is not a racest statement, but instead a statement of FACT!

OSCAR85

Jan 8, 2013
St Kilda, Melbourne
perhaps you need to provide carity. Was the pipe made in China?. Did the pipe break due to quality issues (ie. was it crap)?. If both of these statments are true, the this in fact would be a true statment, 'A piecies of Shit made in China'. This is not a racest statement, but instead a statement of FACT!
Yes the pipe is made in China and yes it did break down after 4 months of use from bad quality.
So glad you clarified this. I was horrified to be labelled as a racest.

Salty

Jun 6, 2012
sorry @Cosby, didn't even realise I gave you a dislike.... and was wondering why you asked if I had something against FW. Lmao. Dam fat fingers :) (Disliked fixed)

Cosby

May 14, 2013
sorry @Cosby, didn't even realise I gave you a dislike.... and was wondering why you asked if I had something against FW. Lmao. Dam fat fingers :) (Disliked fixed)
Ha! Yeah, I thought you had a horror story to share.

Cosby

May 14, 2013
@OSCAR85, with your manual top up, are you heating the water before you add it? Holding it for 24 hours? What's the process you choose to run with for top up and water changes?

OSCAR85

Jan 8, 2013
St Kilda, Melbourne
@OSCAR85, with your manual top up, are you heating the water before you add it? Holding it for 24 hours? What's the process you choose to run with for top up and water changes?
Hi there, I just use tap water for top up at whatever heat. It's normally a small amount each day so not enough in temperature to shock anything.
I currently use redsea coral pro with tap water for my water changes and I do 50L every Sunday

Dr. Schell

The Fuckin' Doc
Jul 12, 2011
Brisbane
Is that a Fromia starfish in the bottom right and corner of the tank. If so, you may have to spot feed this animal given how immaculate your substrate and tank is generally. Fromia, together with Linkia starfish are considered to be detritivores, however they generally have poor survivorship in captivity.

Tank is stunningly beautiful as always.

OSCAR85

Jan 8, 2013
St Kilda, Melbourne
Is that a Fromia starfish in the bottom right and corner of the tank. If so, you may have to spot feed this animal given how immaculate your substrate and tank is generally. Fromia, together with Linkia starfish are considered to be detritivores, however they generally have poor survivorship in captivity.

Tank is stunningly beautiful as always.
He is a little red thing. Thank you i gave him a little bit of muscle tonight he is gobbling it up slowly. I will target feed him every few days with mixed foods. Thanks @dr_schell

Dmitroid

May 5, 2013
South Yarra
Wow the green Actinos have grown heaps! The Tubastrea is a very nice addition too. Very nice work mate, you should be very proud! What happened to the fragged Acropora that was in the upper right hand side of the reef scape? I'm not sure if its because of the camera angle but I can't see it anymore. I was really interested in how it was going to grow out. :P

OSCAR85

Jan 8, 2013
St Kilda, Melbourne
Wow the green Actinos have grown heaps! The Tubastrea is a very nice addition too. Very nice work mate, you should be very proud! What happened to the fragged Acropora that was in the upper right hand side of the reef scape? I'm not sure if its because of the camera angle but I can't see it anymore. I was really interested in how it was going to grow out. :p
He is still there. Growing well but is not bright blue anymore just brown :(

MichaelBinns

Jan 20, 2013
Melbourne
Id be heading down to @reeflections on a thursday when they get new stock inand making good friends with @vpreef I hear hes got an eye for special pieces :P
Its amazing how many nice pieces general public dont even get to lay eyes on because they go on the night