Tank Journal Archive

chimaera

enjoy the little things
May 13, 2012
Sandringham
Yeah, I have used tap water for about 12 months now, on this tank and previous. I did have a phos issue once but as I test water weekly it never eventuates into anything bad. Testing water and tracking your results is the key to any tank.

I feel sorry for tap water. I feel a lot of people blame it or use it as a scape goat for their issues without testing all parameters. Many reefers have long term success with the use of tap water including myself and shops like bunarong.
It does also depend on location. I am lucky to have clean water from my taps.
I've had that discussion with Brett too. Though I still don't risk it ... maybe I should one day given your tests.
looks like i started a trend :cum
It's not all about you, Matt :rolleyes :cum

Priscacara

Jun 19, 2012
Lara
I just get a black square on the screen @Miketang , right clicked and know it is a flash item but thats all . Hmm wonder if my flashplayer crashed again but I usually get a warning.

OSCAR85

Jan 8, 2013
St Kilda, Melbourne
soo my copperband butterfly is not looking great. He is swimming like he is drunk. Very upsetting as he has been eating everyday for 2 weeks, mussel, prawn, seaweed, mysis.
:cry :cry:cry:cry:cry..WHHHHHHHHYYYYYYYY???????

Cosby

May 14, 2013
I joined up, just to tell you that I envy your beautifully clean tank, Oscar. So there!

But seriously, I'm looking at a Cade for myself, and yours is brilliant. Love your work.

soo my copperband butterfly is not looking great. He is swimming like he is drunk. Very upsetting as he has been eating everyday for 2 weeks, mussel, prawn, seaweed, mysis.
:cry :cry:cry:cry:cry..WHHHHHHHHYYYYYYYY???????
I had one some time back... Fed him everything I could think of but nothing.... Three weeks later he was gone. I think the key here is that when buying a Copperband butterfly fish one needs to see him eat at the fish shop before purchasing. I have never again bought one. Seeing the poor guy slowly die was too much for me. I will forever associate that slow death with CBBF now....

OSCAR85

Jan 8, 2013
St Kilda, Melbourne
I had one some time back... Fed him everything I could think of but nothing.... Three weeks later he was gone. I think the key here is that when buying a Copperband butterfly fish one needs to see him eat at the fish shop before purchasing. I have never again bought one. Seeing the poor guy slowly die was too much for me. I will forever associate that slow death with CBBF now....
yeah mine was eating and getting very very fat... just cant win sometimes

Cosby

May 14, 2013
I havnt really though too much about it lol. Its the only stand I have. I can't think of anything it doesn't do. when/if i get illumagic i will probably use there stand.
Do you know if the illumagic come with the perspex mounts that sit on the tank edges, or do you have to buy them separately?