Tank Journal Archive

Priscacara

Jun 19, 2012
Lara
It has purple/red tips in full light and they go to proper red under blues. It is busy encrusting the plug so hoping for good growth once its done.

Priscacara

Jun 19, 2012
Lara
Tx! I'm happy with how it has turned out for my first marine. Lots of good advice from the members on the fuge and a few others saved some heartache and problems :-)

Priscacara

Jun 19, 2012
Lara
Tried something a little different for this fts, used panorama in Photoshop and stitched about 6 pics together to form one. The idea was to get a little closer to the corals but not sure it worked.

fts3may13.jpg

Priscacara

Jun 19, 2012
Lara
Not sure why but lost my first sps yesterday. A green birds nest that had taken off really well started to go white at the base and about 5 hour slater the whole thing was pure white. I did all the tests and couldn't find anything out of the ordinary so not sure what happened but I've head it does happen too frequently to people . Going to be stressing now that the rest don't do the same thing.

Priscacara

Jun 19, 2012
Lara
Yep everything else is fine, ws really odd but I have read of it happening to experts so much as a don't like the loss I'm 99.99% sure it wasn't anything I did wrong. I love my softies and lps so the sps will just have to go with the flow as I won't be changing params to suit them if that was why it happened.