Tank Journal Archive

Priscacara

Jun 19, 2012
Lara
Vortechs are way outside of my budget but I do like less intrusion into the tank and external leads. The Sicce pumps and controller I use do a good job with the flow around the tank, might be time to try clean them though they look more like live rocks :)

Priscacara

Jun 19, 2012
Lara
Tx! I'm almost at the thinning out stage with some things like the green morphs and the duncans but I enjoy my tank so nothing major happening to it :). I have noticed since the lemming wrasse took the jump the gobies don't come out as much, it probably acted as a dither fish for them as it was always streaking across the tank showing off. I plan on getting some gold stripe cardinals (not sure thats the right name) when they become available and a powder blue tang from Shantelle. Major bummer she is closing down the tank but I got a couple of nice corals from her this morning that are very much appreciated, the fluffy morphs have already settled in and look stunning under blue lights.

Priscacara

Jun 19, 2012
Lara
Updated fts and chalice shots. Even though there are only a few rocks moved and a coral or two gone to me it seems everything looks a lot more open. The white rock in the center is just one that has been turned to give a few spots for some sps I got on Sunday at the Masov meet. I have a nice green dallas frag and 3 green birds nest frags (tx Nathan and Renae!).

Two of the chalices, no idea what the sps is in the middle lower part of the pic.
chalice26feb.jpg

The fts.
fts26feb13.jpg

chimaera

enjoy the little things
May 13, 2012
Sandringham
The chalices look great, great colours and a nice collection you are starting there!

SPS is a pocilliopora - usually pretty hardy I believe.

MichaelBinns

Jan 20, 2013
Melbourne
tank looks great! chalice would have to be my 2nd favourite coral, its just hard to place them in my nano unless i try get them to plate! i bought one to give it a go.

Priscacara

Jun 19, 2012
Lara
Tx guys! I keep an eye out for any chalice frags as they seem to do pretty good in the tank. I was going to try one in the nano as well but would need to get a few more rocks for height, hope yours does well Michael!

Tx for the id on the poci, it is doing quite well with a few bits of new growth on it.

Priscacara

Jun 19, 2012
Lara
Couple of happy snaps.

I can't seem to get my frags to focus , this was as good as I could get so you can imagine how the rest looked!

Green dallas frag in place now.
dal1.jpg

Green birds nest.
grbird.jpg

Fluffy morphs.
fluf2.jpg

Priscacara

Jun 19, 2012
Lara
A few update pics, they are a bit bigger than usual but wanted some extra detail visible.

The xenia, colonial hydroid (purple thing I think), the coral goby at home in the duncan.
xenia2.jpg

My favorite leather corals.
leathers.jpg

the duncan and one of the cats.
duncat.jpg

The fts shot, looking a bit different with some more space.
fts4mar2.jpg

Priscacara

Jun 19, 2012
Lara
A bit of puffing up around a few holes as it filters is about all. It doesn't seem to have affected the xenia or any other corals that were close which is good. It is very cool to look at, nice growth rate too.

Priscacara

Jun 19, 2012
Lara
I got a couple of more frags glued in place today when I was doing the wc, also got a nice red chalice but didn't get a decent pic of it yet as the cam is having trouble focusing lately.

A couple of pics for the weekend, a warning though, there is a distressing sight in one of them!

fts17mar.jpg

mefts.jpg

Lol I think I should have shaved first.