Tank Journal Archive

Scottrotton

HTTPS://REEF.EXCHANGE
Oct 17, 2012
Sydney, Australia
Red Sea Max S Series 400 - Reef Tank
Hi All,

My tank gets delivered on Friday its time to start a TJ, if there's anything in particular you would like to see please let me know and I will do my best to get you the information.

Things I will be putting on here anyway are,

Unboxing
Power Usage
The usual fish, water aquascape ect..

Scottrotton

Oct 17, 2012
Sydney, Australia

Theres all 4 parts, its worth mentioning you will need a few people to help lift the tank onto the cab, suction cups are recommended for grip. My LFS are loaning me the ones they have, you should ask them when buying otherwise it will cost about $40 min per set and you will need 2 - 4 sets.

Reactions: MTG

Scottrotton

Oct 17, 2012
Sydney, Australia
I have ordered my aquascaping Rock to go with my 20KG of live rock which is getting delivered on the same day as my tank.

CaribSea South Seas Base Rock 18.2kg
Also got some Aquascape Construction Epoxy - Slate Grey Colour

Ive been looking everywhere for flat base rock for my shelves but I wouldnt find any, hopefully this stuff will come with a few flat pieces but I doubt it, I'll share my thoughts when it gets delivered, may take a while to get here.

aussieant32

Team Leader
Feb 19, 2012
Sutherland, Australia
glad this one is underway, although starting 3 days before you get underway is a bit short notice lol.

where in sydney are you mate, really want to see the new models, we can add it our tank crawl if it ever happens

Scottrotton

Oct 17, 2012
Sydney, Australia
as soon as I can really, its supposed to be getting delivered around mid day, I will prob have to go back to work after, plus its friday so may have a few beers, as long as i dont have to many will come back do it Friday night ish!

Never set one up before so I imagine its going to take a while but at least theres videos, appartnly they ship with a DVD too, one fatal flaw I have discovered is my RO unit only allows 240L a day, its a 400L tank and im getting live rock delivered with so just going to have to stick the heater in the bottom of the tank while it fills with live rock in it

slin1977

Jul 13, 2011
Sydney
Good luck, hope you get your timing right regarding your water and rock, maybe postpone the live rock for a delivery following week ;)

Scottrotton

Oct 17, 2012
Sydney, Australia
forgot to mention, apparently RSM are developing an LED kit for this too, the rep is going to call me about it. Not sure if im supposed to say anything but will let you know if I hear anything

Scottrotton

Oct 17, 2012
Sydney, Australia
Im going to give them a call tomorrow to bring some RO water with them, 200 L will be enough until the tank fills, at least then I can keep it in a container while the tank is built and a day filling up should be fine.

NiCd

Lead Moderator
Jul 29, 2011
Sydney
why dont you grab some buckets and head out to manly? nothing like a fresh start with some NSW

Scottrotton

Oct 17, 2012
Sydney, Australia
I thought of that but i read somewhere if the water isnt taken from a warm enough source it can have a detrimental effect, have you heard of that?

NiCd

Lead Moderator
Jul 29, 2011
Sydney
no, thats a load of....

basically the "rules" are from a clean spot of open water, with high turn over, away from industry, incoming high tide and not within a week of heavy rain