Tank Journal Archive

thepubenator

Competitions Guy
Nov 4, 2011
bah... bummer. Was hoping that it would be the perfect RX. You know the type. The one were you never have to clean a pump, you can whisper to it what flow rate you want and it'll adjust itself and if you forget to pump it then it'll just do it for you....

Shame about needing a mod. If that's the case then no point changing and should just stick to the vertex you reckon?
TBH, the vertex is plug and play ( you can mesh mod so the small zeolites dont fall out) and is more compact as the pump and flow adjustment is incorporated in the design. It is better value for money.

The vertex is like a German car, reliable and practical, while a KZ is like an Italian car, looks sleek but is a rip of and not practical.

TJReid

May 21, 2012
Frankston
cabinet is a ripper ! makes me wish i went with the same finish instead of being lazy and going a simple gloss white on wood :(

V

'vspec'

haha, you can always tell those with a few wisdom years under the belt ~ little time for BS and a solid opinion. I love it!
I'll watch this space to see you work your magic old man!
atest.forum.mmopurge.com_forum_images_smilies__by_faye_the_firefox.gif

thepubenator

Competitions Guy
Nov 4, 2011
the move went well over the weekend, a note for all tho, moving 6 tanks takes 2 full days and this was only 500m travelling. New tank is set up but no scape done yet i just chucked everything in there fo r now will work on scape in a week or so, might chop some bits encrusted on a rock platform i have and stick onto some new rock. I broke a few pieces in the move as expected but lost nothing. Pics will come once scape and tank is cleaned.

Rob

Apr 26, 2012
Really like the clean lines of the tank and stand. The inset kick plate adds a nice finish to the overall style.
The euro brace is great, I did a similar style on mine however not with the same quality of finish. I was really glad I went euro instead of rimless. I also like the idea the light is slightly smaller than the length of the tank.

Whats the height of the stand ?

thepubenator

Competitions Guy
Nov 4, 2011
Really like the clean lines of the tank and stand. The inset kick plate adds a nice finish to the overall style.
The euro brace is great, I did a similar style on mine however not with the same quality of finish. I was really glad I went euro instead of rimless. I also like the idea the light is slightly smaller than the length of the tank.

Whats the height of the stand ?
Cheers, stand is 900mm, kick panel is SS kitchen stuff