Tank Journal Archive

Rob

Apr 26, 2012
I cheated on my kick panel around the kitchen... went to a laminate supplier and got an off cut that looked like brushed aluminum.
Do you have the sump sectioned off or one big space under the tank ?. Pics with doors open pls :)

thepubenator

Competitions Guy
Nov 4, 2011
There is a partian in there so the chiller and electrics are separate will get a pic for you soon.

thepubenator

Competitions Guy
Nov 4, 2011
still havent fixed the scape or anything but thought i would put some pics of tanks i have been browsing for inspiration.
Dvanacker
ai5.photobucket.com_albums_y167_dvanacker_TOTM_P5215387.jpg

Krzysztof Tyrc
ai396.photobucket.com_albums_pp50_krzysztof_2008_jpg3333_edited_1.jpg

Reactions: Rob

Chriso

May 23, 2012
Sutherland
2 top tanks, Krzystof's earlier pics of the tank show how little rock is actually in the tank...its all coral! i think his tank is very close dimensions to yours now.
Dvanackers is class aswell a certein feng shui of the layers of corals...
Corals keep the colours mate?

vpreef

Jul 28, 2011
Nice, Krzysztof's was my inspiration when i started my tank. Reason i kept my rock work fairly low too, want the acro's to provide the height,

I was reading up on Dvanacker's tank the other day, the color's he is able to achieve is amazing!

thepubenator

Competitions Guy
Nov 4, 2011
2 top tanks, Krzystof's earlier pics of the tank show how little rock is actually in the tank...its all coral! i think his tank is very close dimensions to yours now.
Dvanackers is class aswell a certein feng shui of the layers of corals...
Corals keep the colours mate?
yeah scape aint that important, i just want to maximase coral placement.

one or two corals browned, mainly montis, acro dulled a bit but are coming back already. 2 moves in a 5 weeks is tough on SPS.

Nice, Krzysztof's was my inspiration when i started my tank. Reason i kept my rock work fairly low too, want the acro's to provide the height,

I was reading up on Dvanacker's tank the other day, the color's he is able to achieve is amazing!
both such great tanks, Darryl should add some anthias to give the tank more fish color IMO.

MTG

Jul 10, 2011
Gold Coast
Agree with the above. needs more colorful fish!. love those designs. with sps it really doesn't matter to much about the scape if you let it grow out like that does it.

vpreef

Jul 28, 2011
What I love about those tanks is that they have been grown out and established. (Especially Krzysztof's) Too many instant reef's these days IMO. Its easy to just cycle you tank, buy large colonies of Acro's, glue them in and your done straight away :confused:. Takes the fun out of it.

Get a much better formation too when they are grown out from frags or small colonies... My acros grown from Frags look much better than the couple of pieces I have put in there from large colonies.

thepubenator

Competitions Guy
Nov 4, 2011
What I love about those tanks is that they have been grown out and established. (Especially Krzysztof's) Too many instant reef's these days IMO. Its easy to just cycle you tank, buy large colonies of Acro's, glue them in and your done straight away :confused:. Takes the fun out of it.

Get a much better formation too when they are grown out from frags or small colonies... My acros grown from Frags look much better than the couple of pieces I have put in there from large colonies.
Couldn't agree more, all my sps are from frags and even my nems are aquacultured. Instant reefs seem to only last 6 months or so also I've noticed.

thepubenator

Competitions Guy
Nov 4, 2011
I cheated on my kick panel around the kitchen... went to a laminate supplier and got an off cut that looked like brushed aluminum.
Do you have the sump sectioned off or one big space under the tank ?. Pics with doors open pls :)
here is a pic of the sump in all the starfire pimpness, built in RO reservoir, 2 section sump with 3 baffles.
ai696.photobucket.com_albums_vv324_thepubenator_sump_1.jpg

some random acro pics, colours are a bit dull due to the moves
ai696.photobucket.com_albums_vv324_thepubenator_acro_1.jpg

ai696.photobucket.com_albums_vv324_thepubenator_milli_3.jpg

black and white baby maxima
ai696.photobucket.com_albums_vv324_thepubenator_clam_5.jpg

Sarg

Dec 11, 2011
Cheltenham
Ugly as hell :rolleyes

Looks freakin awesome just incase the scarcasm rolleyes is lost in translation :)