Tank Journal Archive

Sarg

Dec 11, 2011
Cheltenham
I didn't even see the 4th either lol

Got any pics of your light and details to go with it? If this is the one your were building?

Aspidites

Dec 1, 2012
South lake
Is it some kind of scooter blenny or a dragonet? It is soooo damn hard to see, all I can see is its eye and a bit of a mouth?!? When I looked last night I thought I was seeing things!!!

Salty

Jun 6, 2012
I didn't even see the 4th either lol

Got any pics of your light and details to go with it? If this is the one your were building?
Lights a T5's supplemented with LEDs. I'll take some pics and post some details Friday if all goes well.

Salty

Jun 6, 2012
Is it some kind of scooter blenny or a dragonet? It is soooo damn hard to see, all I can see is its eye and a bit of a mouth?!? When I looked last night I thought I was seeing things!!!
Lol, he's such a cool fish and impossible to find sometimes. I'm thinking more goby but still no I'd so who knows? When I got him he would have been about 1.5cm long and now he's about 2.5cm long. I'll try get a better pic next time i see him.

Aspidites

Dec 1, 2012
South lake
Go
Lol, he's such a cool fish and impossible to find sometimes. I'm thinking more goby but still no I'd so who knows? When I got him he would have been about 1.5cm long and now he's about 2.5cm long. I'll try get a better pic next time i see him.
Good luck!

Salty

Jun 6, 2012
Ok, long story short:
- my RO top up sit on a high shelf in the garage and was been filled directly via the RO/DI filter.
- My wife woke me at about 2am to ask if i remember to turn the filter off.
- This morning I began to re-arrange and dry half the garage and everything on the shelving.

So the timing seamed right to expand the frag/s system. Got a 4ft, gave it a good scrub and detail, some basic plumbing and vinyled the back and sides. Built a new stand with the help of my snazzy new saw (might be a trade of for a pair of occidentalis, which I'm not yet sure if I'm happy about or not???) and a coat of paint. Re-arrange the garage and put everything back.

image.jpg

Salty

Jun 6, 2012
While I'm at it here's a screen shot of some of what's being propagated (no special effects, colour correction or manipulation. just plain old lighting and iPhone pics). Nothing is for sale as yet but possibly trade and more so I'm willing to purchase. So if anyone's got any thing interesting as far as Zoa, Ric, Rhodactis, Morph and Nems; pm me pics and details:)

image.jpg
image.jpg

Salty

Jun 6, 2012
Havent updated for a while so here a quickie for the record. Zeo finally kicking in and things getting better as the transition of filtration elevated nitrates from 0 to over 25. Colour bouncing back but still not overly happy yet; but I'm being patient (Tap tap tap tap). Otherwise growth is good and stability is a ok :)

image.jpg

vpreef

Jul 28, 2011
Very nice mate, loving that chalice.

is that a Hawaiian Flame Angel or a Vanuatu one?

Salty

Jun 6, 2012
Looks awesome, @Salty !
Thanks mate.

Very nice mate, loving that chalice.

is that a Hawaiian Flame Angel or a Vanuatu one?
Cheers, The Flame is not Hawaiin but as far as I remember from the Coral Sea so not too far from Vanuatu. I've had him for 3-4 years and he was a special order.

Lookin good mate.

Long story short I missed the most important part of this pic which is whats to the left of the tank :)
Ahhh. That would be my dust collector ;) I really need to pull my finger out and find time to have a swing.

so much colour salty i love it
Thanks Leo :)

Formation on the RHS looks great
Ta Rob. Appreciate it.

Salty

Jun 6, 2012
Dosing schedule is forever being fine tuned but as per Zeo guide :) just changing this again so everything's about to change again.