Help / Suggestions

The Reefuge

Administrator
Jul 9, 2011
The Reefuge Gold Bug Thread
Hello everyone,

The Reefuge Gold has been released as Beta 1. I would like 10 volunteers to play around with the gold (gifting it to other users, trying to break the system, purchase upgrades, etc. You will each be given 100 points for testing purposes. Once the Gold version is released, the system will be wiped clean of Gold points and users can then start purchasing Gold. Beta testers will get receive 1 months worth of free user upgrades.

To put your name down for testing, please reply here.

Thanks.

The Reefuge

Administrator
Jul 9, 2011
Hello everyone,

That will do it for now. You will all have gold in your accounts soon. For those of you who wish to test out the user upgrades, please navigate to your name in the black bar, then select Account Upgrades. It may take 15 - 30 minutes to activate the features. Direct Link to Upgrades page.

You can all click the Gold button on posts to gift gold to other users.

For the sake of testing, each of you will have 500 points in your account now. Feel free to gift gold to anything you like.

PLEASE keep in mind, Gold points will be wiped from the system when it is out of beta.

Please report bugs in this thread.

Thanks.

Str8edge

Mar 10, 2013
Shepparton
is there any reason why the prices for the mods are in us???

sorry it is in aus dollars now either it was changed or i need to goto bed.. :D

The Reefuge

Administrator
Jul 9, 2011
Hello @Str8edge,

Ignore the pricing, use the "Pay With Gold" button. It needs to be changed to AUD pricing should a user wish to purchase them via paypal, but currently it is disabled. It will allow a Gold purchase to go through.

Thanks.

MagicJ

Jul 11, 2011
Hobart, Tasmania
Is the plan to pay for upgrades with Gold?? i.e. if you want to use Moods then you buy some Gold and then you buy the Moods upgrade with that gold.

If so, then the price of the upgrades needs to be in Gold rather that dollars.

The Reefuge

Administrator
Jul 9, 2011
Is the plan to pay for upgrades with Gold?? i.e. if you want to use Moods then you buy some Gold and then you buy the Moods upgrade with that gold.

If so, then the price of the upgrades needs to be in Gold rather that dollars.
Hello @MagicJ,

It is. under the paypal button it has "Pay in Gold". I'll add the gold price in the description now.

Thanks.

The Reefuge

Administrator
Jul 9, 2011
Hello @Str8edge,

Yes, you are able to gift gold to other users. This will help with the testing process. All users have received an alert explaining that the system is being tested. Another alert will be sent out when the system is wiped.

Thanks.

MagicJ

Jul 11, 2011
Hobart, Tasmania
Not sure if everything is meant to be working yet...

The Transaction History is showing the updated balance but not the individual transactions.

Also, it might be good if you could select the number of gold to donate - at the moment it is just one gold at a time.

The Reefuge

Administrator
Jul 9, 2011
Not sure if everything is meant to be working yet...

The Transaction History is showing the updated balance but not the individual transactions.

Also, it might be good if you could select the number of gold to donate - at the moment it is just one gold at a time.
Hello @MagicJ,

The Gold is donating 2 points. 1 to the user, and 1 to The Reefuge. This is how the system is meant to work. More can be read about it in the gold threads in the news forum.

EDIT: Users will not be able to see transactions for gold points.

Thanks.