Help / Suggestions

TheJordans

Mar 29, 2013
Sunbury
How do I look up my gold balance and gifting/receiving history? I want to try it out on the phone :-)
And where are the options to purchase medals? I'll test that out too

TheJordans

Mar 29, 2013
Sunbury
@DavidS - ROFLMAO!
Hey, I'm trying to test the system, alright?? :P
I'm just going around clicking on everything to see if it stalls lol. Also, I'm trying to give a bunch to people who weren't in on the beta testing to see if it has a fit ;) Admittedly I have no idea what I'm doing - I'm just sharing the love :D

@MagicJ and @thereefuge - I think that being able to see your transaction history would be beneficial as you just know that a) someone's going to be SURE that they didn't spend THAT much, and b) that someone's kid will get access to a logged-in computer and go to town! lol
Better for users to be able to answer their own Qs, IMO.

MagicJ

Jul 11, 2011
Hobart, Tasmania
@MagicJ and @thereefuge - I think that being able to see your transaction history would be beneficial as you just know that a) someone's going to be SURE that they didn't spend THAT much, and b) that someone's kid will get access to a logged-in computer and go to town! lol
Better for users to be able to answer their own Qs, IMO.
It may not have been evident with my quoting in Post #24, but I was agreeing with you :)

Ian G

Sep 11, 2012
Nowhere
Not a bug but my initial thought, without much thought given to it.o_0

It's easy when you want to give 1 gold but what if you want to give 5 or 10? What if it's my thread and they want to give me 50 (lol). Going through the select & confirmation multiple times will wear thin quickly. Can there be an option to specify how much gold to give, or even buttons?

ie.
HOW MUCH GOLD DO YOU WISH TO TRANSFER?
  • 1.One
  • 5.Five
  • 10.Ten
The tick box could double as the confirmation too, so as not to add an extra step.
Just throwing it out there.:worship ..............................:)

Ian G

Sep 11, 2012
Nowhere
I also just realised that you can only gift once to a post, thereby limiting "my choice of donation". Is this a beta thing or intentional?

There go my dreams of being the wealthiest reefugian.:eek

TheJordans

Mar 29, 2013
Sunbury

It's easy when you want to give 1 gold but what if you want to give 5 or 10? What if it's my thread and they want to give me 50 (lol). Going through the select & confirmation multiple times will wear thin quickly. Can there be an option to specify how much gold to give, or even buttons?

ie.
  • 1.One
  • 5.Five
  • 10.Ten
The tick box could double as the confirmation too, so as not to add an extra step.

Ditto! Was thinking that; Sometimes you might want to give more than one (well, TWO when you take into consideration the one to The Reefuge). And ditto on the "you can only click it once" thing, too.

Ian G

Sep 11, 2012
Nowhere
In my best efforts to break this thing, I tried gifting gold to myself. Resulting error message is the attached image.
error.jpg

The Reefuge

Administrator
Jul 9, 2011

ie.
  • 1.One
  • 5.Five
  • 10.Ten
Hello @ijg3956,

Users can not give more than a set amount of Gold. This is because firstly users will probably not usually do so. Secondly, it is made to be a similar thing to "Like". This is how the system is designed and works. Users can however manually transfer Gold to other users, but this function is currently disabled and it may be considered in the future.

@MagicJ and @TheJordans,

You can see your balance under your username and avatar on the main page. There will also be a Gold page that will show you this information. Users can not see transactions because there is nothing to see. When the Gold system is clicked, it sends 2 points to the bank. The bank then sends 1 point to the user. It is built like that. However, in a later release this may change, but for the time being it is more important to get the system running.

Thanks.

The Reefuge

Administrator
Jul 9, 2011
In my best efforts to break this thing, I tried gifting gold to myself. Resulting error message is the attached image.
View attachment 14948
This allows you to see who sent you gold when clicking your own post. If you click this when there has been gold gifted, it will list the users who gifted it :)

Thanks.

TheJordans

Mar 29, 2013
Sunbury
What about being able to purchase upgrades for users, and medals for yourself? Are we able to test those components?

The Reefuge

Administrator
Jul 9, 2011
What about being able to purchase upgrades for users, and medals for yourself? Are we able to test those components?
Hello,

I am not going to be beta testing the medal system as it is a pain to undo. However, the upgrades are easy. Go to your Account Upgrade manager (Black Bar > Username > Account Upgrades) and purchase an upgrade with the gold.

Thanks.