Tank Journal Archive

chimaera

enjoy the little things
May 13, 2012
Sandringham
no worries mate i guess who cares if its getting sorted...putting some par38s in the meantime? if not call naqua hes got some goodies for you
Already on the tank! Just two, but if I kept them permanently I would put 3 on just to ensure the SPS got blasted sufficiently.

Actually interesting that some of the colours are better under the PAR lamps than the Radion - my Acro Al WA Beauty in particular is way more vibrant than the Radion showed it ... I might have to trial at some point covering LEDs to work out which spectrum in particular is contributing.

Sarg

Dec 11, 2011
Cheltenham
Got to see this tank tonight, very nice indeed!

Also the lights Pete sells look really nice as well. They will find a home under the cabinet for sure once I redo the sump!

chimaera

enjoy the little things
May 13, 2012
Sandringham
The Radion is back over the tank thanks to a replacement power supply. I also took the opportunity to fit the TIR lenses I got from 100%RS and wow it makes the light bright!!

Added a $5 piece of stylo from Reeflections, looks to be green but currently a bit browned out. Hopefully it will come good like most other SPS has so far.

Used some Aiptasia Rx on a couple of bastard aiptasia, worked a treat it seems, great stuff very thick and sticky.

Uhm what else ... oh yeah, thinking about selling my acans and having a cleaner sandbed look. Not sure yet as I do love them ...

chimaera

enjoy the little things
May 13, 2012
Sandringham
Haha I really can't decide. Given my system is running pretty much as an ULNS, SPS seem to fare better than Acans and Zoas. I have lost some of both recently ...

So either I rectify that somehow, or tailor my corals to the water quality in there. And I am starting to the get the SPS bug ... haha.

Salty

Jun 6, 2012
Easy fix, if its ULNS and you thing that is the cause for acan losses add fish/feed heavy.

chimaera

enjoy the little things
May 13, 2012
Sandringham
Easy fix, if its ULNS and you thing that is the cause for acan losses add fish/feed heavy.
Well I definitely don't plan to add fish, I am not one for overstocking and believe I have a good stock list right now:
- Bicolour blenny
- Watchman goby
- Golden assessor
- Coral goby

Of course between those little fish, there is not much bioload. I also feed light, just once per day and either pellets or marinara mix, usually not both. So I could start feeding heavier ... or just change the mix of my tank. Part of me wants to take advantage of it and stock more SPS ... but will see.

Elias

Nov 15, 2011
Berwick
Hands off those acans people! If you look closely on the underside, you will see my name written in black marker!

...... umm, has anyone got a black texta I can borrow?

chimaera

enjoy the little things
May 13, 2012
Sandringham
Alk 5.4 - still bloody low ... really will get my dosing pump set up this weekend
Calc 490
Mag 1260

Used the Aiptasia Rx on another fucker I found hiding in the zoas - it really is great stuff and much cheaper than Aiptasia X. Very sticky and a small amount stays with the aiptasia.

Everything looking generally healthy, though I am seeing bits of algae pop up around the tank ... some caulerpa, some hair, some 'other'. Grows very slowly but still growing ... not sure how to eliminate. Maybe I'll just have to continue maintaining ...

Nov 15, 2012
Everything looking generally healthy, though I am seeing bits of algae pop up around the tank ... some caulerpa, some hair, some 'other'. Grows very slowly but still growing ... not sure how to eliminate. Maybe I'll just have to continue maintaining ...
How are your Phosphates?