Tank Journal Archive

chimaera

enjoy the little things
May 13, 2012
Sandringham
Test results today, pre-water change (it's been a few weeks):

Alk 4.8 - still low, need to adjust the dosing level up. Then again, nothing in the tank seems to mind it being low at all ...
Calc 460
Mag 1060 - think a water change will get this back on track
Phos 0
Nitrate 5ppm - big reduction on the 20ppm+ it was a while ago

Overall everything looks great, no complaints at all.

chimaera

enjoy the little things
May 13, 2012
Sandringham
Just a note-taking update - I snapped some pics and will grab them off the camera soon.

Nitrate: 5
Mg: 1260
Calc: 490
Alk: 5.4*
Salinity: 1.025
Phosphates: 0.03**

* so my Alk is still lower than I would like but slowly increasing (was 4.8 above). I also tested it after changing about 25 litres of water (around 40% of volume) and it went up to 6.4, and also tested the fresh NSW and it was 8.2. I am going to monitor daily the next few days to see if I should increase the dosing level again.

** first phosphate reading I have had for ages! Which is interesting because I was only thinking a couple of days ago how healthy all of the acans were looking. I just refreshed my rowaphos but hoping I keep teh level around the 0.01-0.03 mark rather than back to 0.00 as the tank just looks that bit healthier, including the SPS.

Tank just passed the 8 month mark :D

[edit] also did a fairly big clean up of the sump ... as much as i love this chaeto, it also causes quite a mess with its small strands that get everywhere and clog things up. Put a small pump (Bunnings special) into the back of the fuge area too, just to make sure it gets some flow.