Tank Journal Archive

MichaelBinns

Jan 20, 2013
Melbourne
nah mine didn't need rescueing as such :P it was the $100 one a nice green with orange stripes, its the brightest thing in my tank, under blues it looks like its an actual light source! i was there later around 3.30/4pm, didn't get chance to call in on anzac day so thought id go see what scraps were left lo didn't intend on buying anything reallyl, came away with a bi colour dottyback, scolly and a red star >.<

hows the clam doing has it opened up more now its settled?

chimaera

enjoy the little things
May 13, 2012
Sandringham
nah mine didn't need rescueing as such :p it was the $100 one a nice green with orange stripes, its the brightest thing in my tank, under blues it looks like its an actual light source! i was there later around 3.30/4pm, didn't get chance to call in on anzac day so thought i.d go see what scraps were left lo didn't intend on buying anything reallyl, came away with a bi colour dottyback, scolly and a red star >.<

hows the clam doing has it opened up more now its settled?
Ah yeah I think I saw that one too. I was tempted to get the small scoly ($65 I think), but in the end the cheapskate in me went for the damaged one haha.

Clam is going well - it's moved itself to a slightly different angle but yeah opening up nicely, and amazing colour. I'll get a pic of it sometime.

MichaelBinns

Jan 20, 2013
Melbourne
yeah i had my eyes on the little one too! the bi colour dottyback pretty much cleaned up my bank account tho, expensive little guy but adds some great colour to the tank!
yeah more pics of the clam would be good, i wish i got wind of the oceanarium GB a little earlier i wouldnt mind getting a clam too, il have to organise one in a month or so ;)
nice to see the goni coming back to life too! can they be fragged??

daniel borja

Apr 17, 2013
well thats just poo. can i call dibs on the other one then? the one you have two frags of? or is that the one you're referring to? haha. ill also have a birds nest frag too if you have a spare one floating around ;) haha

chimaera

enjoy the little things
May 13, 2012
Sandringham
well thats just poo. can i call dibs on the other one then? the one you have two frags of? or is that the one you're referring to? haha. ill also have a birds nest frag too if you have a spare one floating around ;) haha
I have all of the others you see in the pics there
- 3x green base acro frags with new growth coming as white tips and blue polyps
- 2x dark green/blue stag frags (what I believe were the Hardy Stag from Acro Al)
- 3x pocci frags - pink base green polyps

I was going to wait for them to encrust and colour up a bit more, but if you want one or more you can have them. $10 each for the acro and stags, $5 for the pocci (as it's still to regain its full colour and they are small frags!).

daniel borja

Apr 17, 2013
IMG_20130426_171419.jpg

Sorry had to post your pic up again haha. okay so ill take second from the right on the bottom, the blue one on the bottom left and the pink one on the top left :) how much all together?

chimaera

enjoy the little things
May 13, 2012
Sandringham
So I think my Eheim Compact 3000+ is having issues. I noticed earlier my DT level was low (as my 'scum ring' was visible). I tried adjusting the strength but it made no difference, definitely pumping through more slowly.

Any ideas on fixes? Cleaning etc? Or is it time for a new return?

Thankfully still chugging along enough to keep water flow through the sump, so no panic at this stage to replace.

Sarg

Dec 11, 2011
Cheltenham
I'm hoping once I get some sort of filter sock system in place on my new sump ill ditch the filter altogether.