Tank Journal Archive

ReeferRob

Solidarité
Oct 22, 2014
Bel Air
Rob it's a centropyge sp. :p he gave us clues lol

I'm ready with pitchfork though so let me know when you get here haha
Pitchfork? Screw that I have automatic weapons. We could put the blank firing adapters on and do a drive by to scare an answer out of him. :p A .50 cal blast out of the sunroof of one of those souped up Subies y'all drive would make him talk. :D
Lets see then, since Vanuatu hasn't shipped in forever I haven't a clue.

slin1977

Jul 13, 2011
Sydney
I'm having a pot shot, Centropyge aurantia? golden angel?
To be honest the Golden Angel was my number one choice.
I love the colour and shape. They are very rare ....But I have seen the odd living specimen.

The LFS has advised me that getting them to eat is also difficult. Saying that I'll listen to his advice........but I still would like one.

Check out this link to see just why it is my number one fish.

http://reefbuilders.com/2015/01/28/awesome-fish-spotlight-glitters-golden-angelfish/

slin1977

Jul 13, 2011
Sydney
It could be cryptic and elusive but this example is not shy considering its size.
Centropyge.... Cryptic/elusive but not shy. odd behavior... uncommon/rare...
Centropyge colini?
cryptic deep water fish, cairns have have a couple lately, so achievable. tend to hang around on odd angels and have "twitch" like movements. but always keen to know whats going on. "fingers crossed":)
I seem to have caught the attention of the Cryptic/elusive but not shy Deer Park aquarium - A solid post number three there mate.
Quite chuffed to see you participate in this thread too!
Super impressed with your suggestion Dave - Colini is a fish that I've only discovered in the early hours of this morning and never seen one in real life.
Looks like one for the advanced aquarist.
http://reefbuilders.com/2014/10/28/awesome-fish-spotlight-clandestine-life-centropyge-colini/

ReeferRob

Solidarité
Oct 22, 2014
Bel Air
Golden's aren't super rare, they're always on the lists out of Bali and Timor, they are NOT cheap though. They always say they have 5 in stock, I order 3 in hopes of getting one, but I've only ever had 1 come through. If you were here in the states I could do you one for $150. You crying now?

slin1977

Jul 13, 2011
Sydney
Golden's aren't super rare, they're always on the lists out of Bali and Timor, they are NOT cheap though. They always say they have 5 in stock, I order 3 in hopes of getting one, but I've only ever had 1 come through. If you were here in the states I could do you one for $150. You crying now?
I am crying a little. Last guy bought his one for $280 if my memory serves.
Would be nice - might just settle for a Potters lol.

slin1977

Jul 13, 2011
Sydney
Quite clearly there is something irritating this fish. He is pre occupied with what ever it is near his gills and mouth.
Put a 0.5ml dose of Antiprotozoal medication ( Vertonex) at under half strength dosage. Quinine hydrochloride based and malachite green.

He did not like this medication and was not behaving well to that.

Drained out three quater of the tank and filled up with fresh 1.020 salinity ( fish arrived at 1.018 )

Switched over medication to Flubendazole based ( Kusuri wormer plus )

Observation is the fish is swimming more freely and swimming up to free floating food particles.
He looks strong and alert.

Now I guess it's time to wait this one out.

Slightly pissed off at this situation at treating delicate fish is not that easy.

Last edited:

ReeferRob

Solidarité
Oct 22, 2014
Bel Air
One of my favorites. I order them by the box out of Kenya when they ship. I need to remember to put one in quarantine for M. She likes them too. Flamebacks, Coral Beauties, Yellow fin and Dwarf argis are fairly reef safe.

slin1977

Jul 13, 2011
Sydney
One of my favorites. I order them by the box out of Kenya when they ship. I need to remember to put one in quarantine for M. She likes them too. Flamebacks, Coral Beauties, Yellow fin and Dwarf argis are fairly reef safe.
Close mate... But mine ain't no African. Would be looking towards Fireball!!